Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

TransPac in Y on QF early 2000's vs now

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:31 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Hi,

I flew to Australia and back (LAX-SYD/MEL) a few times with QF in 1999, 2001, 2002 and then switched to UA (I become a UA FF and got award tickets to Oz).

I'm now a AA FF and can get QF award tickets to Australia. So what can I expect the difference to be flying QF to Australia now compared to early 2000's?

Better planes, better service, better food, better IFE hopefully!
Old Sep 25, 2014, 5:26 pm

Programs: OW Emerald
Originally Posted by inpd
Better seats (except in Y), worse service, worse food, better IFE. However, you are projecting from a starting point and trajectory such that the result would still be better than United.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 9:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jridge
Better seats (except in Y), worse service, worse food, better IFE. However, you are projecting from a starting point and trajectory such that the result would still be better than United.
Its true that UA will soon be flying the 787s to Australia.

But are you saying that Qantas has gone down hill from the early 2000's. I remember the food was pretty good. From LAX to MEL you got two nice meals (dinner, breakfast) and a good snack. Excellent alcohol and decent service.

Is that not the case now?
Old Sep 25, 2014, 10:44 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by inpd
So what can I expect the difference to be flying QF to Australia now compared to early 2000's?

You might be lucky enough to get exactly the same aircraft as you did in the early 2000s. But the seats will be new and some might argue -- better.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by jridge
Hahahahahahahaha

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.