Search

Dubai F Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2014, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP, LTG , Delta, SPG, Priority Club
Dubai F Lounge

Hi all

I am heading to Europe next week - first time I am flying QF/EK via Dubai (previous trips have been QF via Sing or QF/BA via HK). I am flying into CDG and out of FCO. The connections between EK and QF mean that I have ~4hrs in Dubai each way. Both ways the layover is at a bit of an ungodly hour Dubai time (~0030-0430 on the way there and ~0530-0945 on the way home).

I am WP so presume I can and should just access the EK F lounge. Given the lengthy of the layovers is there anything I should be trying for apart from a shower and a feed?

Are there spa treatments available? Is there good wine / champagne to try? Would appreciate suggestions.

As an aside, why couldn't I book the FCO-DBX leg as a QF codeshare? Annoying!

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2014, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
There are some threads on the Australia Frequent Flyer website with some good information:

Opionions on DXB F

EK F lounge DXB

QF Platinum's Spa access Emirates Lounge Dubai

Emirates Lounge Dubai
Old Sep 18, 2014, 7:52 pm

If you want a shower, put your name down as soon as you enter the lounge. It can be a long wait.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 3:21 am

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
The spa will be open but unless you are flying in F you will have to pay for a treatment. With a 4 hour layover you shouldnt need to rush to the showers. With a shorter layover it's imperative to get there quickly and shower before eating if possible. There is a fairly extensive alcohol menu, with a moderate wine list. The a la carte restaurant is actually really good IME. Extensive menu, good service.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks serfty - some interesting info in those threads.

Thanks also Princess Fiona - I am in J so would need to pay. Do you think the quality of the treatments is worth paying for? What I am after is the sort of massage that Shrek would want after fighting the dragon.

Thanks again
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:17 pm

Programs: QF P1 + LTG VA Plat, AA nothing, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
I've only had the 15 min complimentary one, it was on a massage chair that you kneeled on, not entirely comfy and not worth paying for IMHO.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:19 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Princess fiona
I've only had the 15 min complimentary one, it was on a massage chair that you kneeled on, not entirely comfy and not worth paying for IMHO.
Sounds like you should be flying TG through BKK - even the J massage is better than this description.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Dubai F Lounge

Thanks all. og, not sure it's worth changing my flights to save $50 or $100 on a massage, but agree that the EK massage sounds pretty average...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:18 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Off track but had to mention.....Try the fresh berry bowl in EK F lounge...amazingly large and juicy....rarely see berries that large anywhere!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.