Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Per-LHR

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:31 am
VLJ
Original Poster

Totally agree Dave just thinking we have to bite the bullet.
No seats with QR or EK - other than the aforementioned SIN-DXB-LHR with EK and QF and then BA into Europe. Would add another two hours' flying plus transfer time.
Would have been easier with the Per-DXB leg being available in J but there's nothing.
Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.
Not sure if I've missed anything but departure must be 4 or 5 May from Singapore - any other departure city is a lot further to travel from Perth in Y and paying for the seat. Plus no search results for Hong Kong or KL.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:51 am
VLJ
Original Poster

Just found an award flight in J on EK leaving earlier than planned - Per-DXB-Gatwick airport. Wondering if they do chauffeur drive to Perth Airport? Is that still offered thru QFF award redemption?
Will get us to London in J at least and then we can work on flights or train into Europe.
Can't book yet as have to check with husband first! 6am start thru to Gatwick by 7.30pm with only 2 hrs at DXB airport. Would usually try to break up such long haul but this seems a good option. Other option is two days later Per-Doha-Venice on QR - second flight is 6 hours on A320.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
QR A320 in recliner - don't do it, QR A320 in new flat bed - do it.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:02 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

Aaah but how will I know which one it is? Doha-Venice in May ... just says A320 and no description for Perth-Doha which assume is 77L as Dave mentioned

Just booked the Per-DXB EK in J thru to Gatwick on A380.
It will be a very long day but here's hoping we can get some rest - about 18 hours flying with 2 hr break in DXB.
Bit nervous as I didn't check with hubby first but previous dates and times disappeared.

Last edited by VLJ; Sep 20, 2014 at 12:23 pm
Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by VLJ
Aaah but how will I know which one it is? Doha-Venice in May ... just says A320 and no description for Perth-Doha which assume is 77L as Dave mentioned

Just booked the Per-DXB EK in J thru to Gatwick on A380.
It will be a very long day but here's hoping we can get some rest - about 18 hours flying with 2 hr break in DXB.
Bit nervous as I didn't check with hubby first but previous dates and times disappeared.
Is that the morning departure out of Perth?

I know that for Emirates award bookings, Emirates will offer the chauffeur drive.

If you get the Emirates PNR and then go to manage booking on the Emirates site, see whether the option to book chauffeur drive is there
Old Sep 20, 2014, 11:05 pm
VLJ
Original Poster

Dave it's the 6am departure - doesn't say which aircraft it is.
I have clicked on the chauffeur drive and booked it - surprised as couldn't find any media or online info on the option being available from Perth.
I also recall reading something about only EK flights with QF prefix being valid for chauffeur drive thru QFF awards.
Now to consider seat selection ....

Very happy just booked our return Rome-DXB-Per on EK in J.
There is also the option for chauffeur there apparently so once hotel is sorted we will do the same. It's a great bonus and value adds to the whole experience.
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by VLJ; Sep 21, 2014 at 12:00 am
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:50 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Doing seat selection would give the game away

All 3 services from PER-DXB are 777s with the 6am being a 777-200LR and the others being 777-200ERs

The Chauffeur drive page at http://www.emirates.com/au/english/f...eur-drive.aspx mentions Perth as a valid city
Old Sep 21, 2014, 12:55 am

I'd go with the CX option. Their J Class is heaps better than BA IMHO. Could you not get a longer lay over in HKG and enjoy the city? Even with a 7 hour layover I'd head to the city or a hotel to get some shut eye. Enjoy ya trip to Europe whatever option you choose

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.