Search

Clearing Custom if on MR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:13 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by AustralianPoochie
Not to mention you loose a day coming over the international date line, and gain a day going back... and all that.
If its loose then perhaps you should tighten it, then it won't get lost.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Not to mention you loose a day coming over the international date line, and gain a day going back... and all that.
Just to be a pedant, on QF you lose 2 days going to Oz from the US and stay on the same day coming back.

Wish all of us doing MR's out of the US to CGK via NRT over the next ~3 months after the AA fare sale. US$660 for just under 40,000 points, all in Y with a 5 hour turn possible. I'm doing it shortly, but I chose a 1 day turn as I'm not a masochist. Ghods but I still hope my upgrades come through!
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:08 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
So, what the OP is planning to do will work?
Old Aug 4, 2014, 3:45 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
So, what the OP is planning to do will work?
It will certainly work if the discussed precautions are followed - ie expect to have to provide evidence of permission to enter Oz, allow time between flights to do the above and go through the exit formalities again, then have the trip on one ticket so the return is protected if outbound misconnects. Even better if immigration can be avoided - which it certainly should without bags. This all assumes the OP is of sound mind ( ) and is voluntarily doing such torture.
Old Aug 11, 2014, 8:34 am

Programs: Now back at base level for these 2:QFF-now NB, Virgin-Velocity-NR
I have only ever done this mileage run on QFd/VAd. Same day with a 5 hour turnaround though.
I did a MR from ADL to PER on QFd, and from PER to SIN on QFi, this was a few years ago, 2.5 I think, and of course, on the way back, got pinged by Customs in PER.
Why so short trip, etc. Went over on a Sat, arrived in SIN about 10pm, or so, came back on Mon morning, 9.30am flight, got to PER at 2pm, got onto QFd at 5.30pm, all that same weekend.
As for the OP, if he avoids Customs, most likely, yair, it 99.5% work out.
Ok, you say people have done it on QFi and succeded. And you have been on here longer than me.
I still say, umm/hmm.
Certainly would not work for those of us who hold Aussie passports and want to do a MR to the US, where you or the traveller anyway, will need an ESTA to even just transit the US.
Ok, will shut up now on this topic.
Hopefully, the OP will one day come back and relate show it worked out, or not.
Ramble turned off
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:28 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
?...
Certainly would not work for those of us who hold Aussie passports and want to do a MR to the US, where you or the traveller anyway, will need an ESTA to even just transit the US.
Ok, will shut up now .....
It probably won't even be an issue for USA Immigration because the MRer is unlikely to even get a BP from check-in without proof of entry for the USA. No ESTA (or visa), no flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.