Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

MEL international lounge, World Cup final

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

A few related questions.

As QF Gold, can I access an EK lounge in Melbourne, flying EK metal MEL-AKL, in Y?

The World Cup final kicks off at 0500 AEST on July 14th, and my flight is 0700. Will the QF lounge be open at 5am?

If I have the choice, might the QF or EK lounge provide the better viewing experience for the game?
Old Jun 12, 2014, 5:30 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
QF J lounge in T2 opens at 4:45am, so you are fine there. EK lounge typically opens 3 hours before EK flight time, so it should also be open if your EK flight is at 7am. The EK lounge is nicer with better food, as it is a combined F/J lounge, but tends to be much more crowded than QF; also QF has better coffee in their J lounge. As gold you have access to either lounge. Plat would get you the QF F lounge, which is far nicer and has more TVs than both J lounges combined
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:59 am

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
enjoy Dave, I wish I had a free supply of booze and snacks to watch the game with haha!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.