Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines showing on Qantas booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2014, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Silver and Virgin Silver

Hey everyone
I am booked on my honeymoon from Syd- JFK in October, then a week later fly from NY to San Fran with Virgin America for a few days, then onto Honolulu with Hawaiian Airlines then home via Qantas in early November. The confusing thing for me is that the Hawaiian Airlines leg is showing up online on both the Qantas and Virgin websites.... Only Virgin is showing as an airline partner though so I am wondering why it would appear on the Qantas booking?

Have any of you experienced this before? The flights were booked by a mate at Flight Centre....
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
If HA uses Amedeus and is on the one booking with the QF flights then it would show up.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF Silver and Virgin Silver
Thanks for the reply and explanation. The booking came in two parts, one for the Qantas flights and the other for the Virgin and Hawaiian Airlines.

Either way I will need to front up to the Hawaiian counter
Old Jun 14, 2014, 5:27 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
If HA uses Amedeus and is on the one booking with the QF flights then it would show up.
Absolutely wrong - HA uses SABRE - the same system VA uses...

I am not sure which GDS Flight Centre uses, but more and more GDS'es transmit full itinerary to all airlines. If this happened in your case VA, HA and QF would be able to display full itinerary.

Also - architecturally SABRE and Amadeus are totally different - Amadeus has a single airline partition while SABRE has a separate partition per airline (Travel Agents work on AA partition) - so even when HA and VA use the same system the PNR number in HA SABRE partition would be different then the PNR number in VA SABRE partition.

Last edited by TPJ; Jun 14, 2014 at 5:33 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.