Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Economy Seat on A380?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2014, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Best Economy Seat on A380?

What's the best economy seat on the A380? What about 80A? Nothing in front of you, or is that too much space and nowhere to put ur feet up?
Old May 27, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
80A is good. 51K is good too as you have lots of legroom and you can get out of your seat without disturbing the person next to you.
Old May 27, 2014, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by matthandy
80A is good. 51K is good too as you have lots of legroom and you can get out of your seat without disturbing the person next to you.
Can't get 51K. What about something to put ur feet up on or rest against in 80A. Sometimes too much space is bad?
Old May 27, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by nologic
What's the best economy seat on the A380? What about 80A? Nothing in front of you, or is that too much space and nowhere to put ur feet up?
If you are a single traveller, 80A / 80K is the best.

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13326#2

Either that or 71D

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13326#9

Cheers...
Old May 29, 2014, 12:56 am

Programs: QF
and after those, Upper Deck.
Old May 30, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Any upper deck? How bad is the bulkhead wall in row 32?
Old May 30, 2014, 11:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Any upper deck? How bad is the bulkhead wall in row 32?
If you are 6'4" or more it may be an issue.

See here for some recent photo's (also some more in the link at the end...):

Originally Posted by tom911
Enjoyed my coach seat in the rear of the upper deck in the very last row on the left side of the plane (A380). Did keep the empty seat next to me which gave me room to stretch. Very nice flight overall and I’d do it again.

New photos start here:
http://tom911.smugmug.com/Travel-Aus...-inc/i-5DmQSgJ
Also, see here: http://www.australianfrequentflyer.c...tml#post671722

Last edited by serfty; May 31, 2014 at 6:50 am
Old May 31, 2014, 2:32 am

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
I've got 80K requested for a flight in July so I'll be sure to report and take a photo.
Old May 31, 2014, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's some pics of 80A - click on the images for more detail:

Approaching 80A

From Front

QF009 Feet Shot! (c)

Floor Area taken from sidewall.
Old May 31, 2014, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Do the seats in 33AB recline? There seems to be a wall behind them. And, what is the effect of the wall that appears to protrude into 33A?
Old May 31, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Do the seats in 33AB recline? There seems to be a wall behind them. And, what is the effect of the wall that appears to protrude into 33A?
They recline "Fully" - in that the base slides forward somewhat as the back tilts - like any other economy seat on this aircraft.

The wall does not protrude as such or in a manner that would be adverse. (I think it may be more of an illusion in the particular image than anything else).
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
I call AA and got my Qantas locator from them for my March 2015 award flight LAX-SYD. Easy enough, put it in Qantas site, now able to select economy seats. Not sure if its recognizing my Plat status, but it shows my and my daughters AA number.

So all I've read is try for upper deck which is showing most of the seats not available. and I read that row 36 isn't good and 80 A&K are great.

So here is what is available to me to chose my own. only left or at least available for selection is 36 J&K, or plenty down in lower including 80 A& K.

So is 36 J&K still better than row 80 just b/c its upper and more quiet. And if I were to chose 80A, show I chose B or C and hope no one sits between us, and/or offer it back if someone does? Not sure how full this flight gets.

Please give me your recommendation, those that are in the know
Old Jun 2, 2014, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there are two of you, then 36J&K are quite reasonable seats.

Otherwise you could do the 80A/K double, being split by the cabin width.

In your situation, I'd go the former.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 5:23 am

Programs: AA-gold(MM); Marriott-Lifetime Titanium Elite; Hilton-Gold;
For the moment I decided on the upper. 80 would have been great for just me, but my daughter prefers windows as well as having a pocket in front and a place to put her carry on to keep with her, so this way we get to sit together and she can have all her stuff and I get my preferred aisle and quiet.

I'll set up an alert and still hope that a business seat opens up, maybe two and we won't have to sit in economy all the way there. I'm getting too old to be sitting for these long hauls.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:53 am

Programs: BA Silver
I've just chosen 32J/K for MEL-LHR. Had a free run at most of the seats excluding exits which I don't want to pay for. I went for row 32 so me and the GF can sit together without any immediate company even if the flight is full and to avoid having a seat back in my face. Hopefully the foot room will be ok (I'm 6.0ft) but having recently flown a BA A380 LHR-LAX with my knees rammed into the back of the seat in front I figured it was a gamble worth taking. In any case at least the GF will be happy (and we all know that is the most important thing!) as she is shorter so unlikely to have any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.