Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bye Bye to First SYD-HKG

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2017, 5:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Yes, I misread.

The info about OWE though was in answer to a previous questions. I don't think they can access Zone A.
Seems i misread too! The OP is a platinum so rows 4-5 should be available anyways. Doesn't look like any change in policy. Rows 1-3 plocked for P1 and CL.

OWE as you say shouldn't, in theory, have access (at least before the airport)
Old Nov 7, 2017, 7:19 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I flew the A380 QF117 in the F cabin today. T-48 only 5 seats were assigned in F, was completely full today (and I noticed that it was about 75% full during OLCI) so I'm guessing it opened up for anyone - and/or staff travel.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by vantage03
I flew the A380 QF117 in the F cabin today. T-48 only 5 seats were assigned in F, was completely full today (and I noticed that it was about 75% full during OLCI) so I'm guessing it opened up for anyone - and/or staff travel.
Could be lots of upgraders too
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by fly747first
It's my recent experience that generally if there are any spare premium seats at close of check-in then any remaining eligible upgrade requests get assessed.

After that, if there are any seats remaining, those travelling on industry fares can get their turn.

It's rare these seats go out empty
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:41 am

Programs: QFF SG, AAdvantage, LM
Originally Posted by vantage03
It's pretty interesting who can nab what within the T-80 window.

A Couple of years ago I scored a classic upgrade from Y to J on QF117, operated by an A380 over summer. From memory I was notified about t-48 that the upgrade had come through. I was silver at the time and able to get 4A. So I went all the way from Y to F (in seat only) on a fairly cheap fare (plus a bunch of points) whilst holding fairly lowly status. The service, although ll J of course, was amazing and reminded me that the right QF staff on a good day are right up there with top Asian carriers and surpass the ME3 in my opinion.

Incidentally that trip had the upgrade goddess smiling upon me. I got an OpUp at the gate on CX from PE to J on my return trip, again as QFPS/OW Ruby. The service on this flight was abysmal. CX really went down a notch or two in my estimation.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:44 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by fly747first
Would not be upgraders because F isn't sold on this route.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:36 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
Would not be upgraders because F isn't sold on this route.
Could be upgrades at the gate which QF now offers. They could be upgraded to J then allocated seats in Zone A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.