Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas Club membership vs Admirals Club membership

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas Club membership vs Admirals Club membership

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2014, 4:41 am

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by JAGMAP
The SYD QF Club agent only scanned my BP, causing a green light to flash on the machine. What does that mean?
Just confirms you're a hottie!!

Regards,

BD
Old Apr 29, 2014, 6:48 am

My understanding is that Qantas club and adimiral clubs have reciprocity. I was just in Alice Springs and showed my admirals club card. Admitted without a question.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
Originally Posted by BD1959
Just confirms you're a hottie!!
Thanks

The machine turned green in the past when I've scanned my QF BP as a oneworld Emerald, and it did so last week in SYD as a oneworld Ruby/Citi Exec AA cardholder...so I thought it meant I had access privileges.

Still confused why they tried denying access (at first it was because I was on an award ticket). What's the scanner for?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 11:46 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Question: are there limits on the number of guests that can access the QF Club in BNE or SYD when in possession of an Admirals Club/US Airways Club card?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: QF QP
. The SYD QF Club agent only scanned my BP, causing a green light to flash on the machine. What does that mean?
Computer says YES. Your good to go.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Airvan00
Computer says YES. Your good to go.
Love Little Britain. So Citi/Admirals Club access must be tied to my AAdvantage account, which gets coded onto my QF boarding pass ^

Previously, one may have flown under an EXP friend's name for lounge access. I still want to fly as Mickey Mouse one day
Old May 4, 2014, 6:30 am

My understanding and recent experience indicates that if you are an Admirals Club member and flying on a QF flight you have access to Qantas club.
Old May 5, 2014, 6:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by jmj9905
My understanding and recent experience indicates that if you are an Admirals Club member and flying on a QF flight you have access to Qantas club.
That hasn't been in doubt. The OP was asking if there were additional benefits to a QP membership while flying primarily QF in Australia.
Old May 11, 2014, 11:46 pm

Do Admirals Club members have access to the Sydney International Business Lounge? AA.com only shows Qantas Club access for Sydney T3 and T2 (despite VA in T2).
Old May 12, 2014, 12:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Do Admirals Club members have access to the Sydney International Business Lounge? ...
Yes. My understanding is that if you are an Admirals Club member and flying on a QF flight you have access to Qantas clubs and Qantas International Business lounges.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I know that I have access under my Admirals Club membership and as a 1W Sapphire holder.

But, my recollection is that privileges to a QF Club are limited to one guest when attempting to access the club a a 1W Sapphire member, but possibly up to three guests when using my Admirals Club card.

I believe there is also a limit depending on the lounge. For example, the QF Club in LAX limits me to one guest - regardless of my status as a Admirals Club card holder.
Old May 23, 2014, 4:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I believe that an AC member is entitled only to 1 guest at any Qantas Club
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:17 pm

Anyone had luck with Admirals club getting into the shared QF/EK lounge in Dubai? I tried and was turned back, though luckily someone showed pity on me and took me in as a guest =)

It seems it is not technically a Qantas Club lounge, I assume that's the reason?
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Zylatis
Anyone had luck with Admirals club getting into the shared QF/EK lounge in Dubai? I tried and was turned back, though luckily someone showed pity on me and took me in as a guest =)

It seems it is not technically a Qantas Club lounge, I assume that's the reason?
It is an Emirates lounge and so there is no access for Admirals Club members
Old Oct 30, 2014, 7:09 pm

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
Yep it's not a QF operated or OW affiliated lounge - thus there's no reason for them to allow entry. A PITA if on QF of course (and not in a premium cabin)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.