Wiki Posts
Search

QF 129- Nothing to Report

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 10:27 am
Original Poster

QF 129- Nothing to Report

I took QF 129 Syd-PVG on 19/03/14 in Y.

I am shocked to report that the flight was excellent. Check -in took 2 minutes, and boarding was on time.

In addition, the food was great and the staff both friendly and helpful.

Last edited by camsean; Mar 24, 2014 at 8:04 pm
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by camsean

I am shocked to report that the flight was excellent. Check -in took 2 minutes, and boarding was on time.

In addition, the food was great and the staff both friendly and hopeful.

I would recommend the as well
Next time I see the as well on the menu I shall make sure to order it
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:13 pm

Programs: QF WP

How much did they pay you to say this?

A few years back, a friend of mine used to take it once a month, and it was late almost every single time. Not sure if I should blame him or Qantas.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 8:28 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by Awesom Andy
A few years back, a friend of mine used to take it once a month, and it was late almost every single time. Not sure if I should blame him or Qantas.
Was this late departure AND late arrival? If it was only late departure only, then no problem - only perception. How often are flights delayed at the start when favourable tail winds allow on-time (slot controlled ??) arrivals?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA

I am shocked to report that the flight was excellent.
Why are you shocked? QF was and is a very good airline with a solid product across all cabins...
Old Mar 23, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by avm2806
Why are you shocked? QF was and is a very good airline with a solid product across all cabins...
Probably because 98% of the posts on Flyertalk (regardless of airline) are complaints about something going wrong, poor service, delayed flights, bad food, etc, etc...

Occasionally it's good to remember that these really are the exceptions, and that most flights go off without a hitch!
Old Mar 23, 2014, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)

lol... have you flown back yet?

the overnight returns from Asia are the ones where crews can be a shocker.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 12:37 am

Programs: QF WP LTG PC+,OW Emerald
Wink

I have had same experience on QF129/QF130 lately and found the service to be good. Even at night. Could set your watch by the times.

It's a fairly long flight and my biggest complaint is the lack of things to complain about - quite boring really. A diversion to another airport, extreme turbulence, running out of soup would be welcome breaks from the monotony - I'd even settle for a Laptop power socket not working - but nothing.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Reason I say nothing to report is as there is much negativity around QF, I was "shocked" at how good my flight was. See some of the posts here for evidence.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by avm2806
If that were true, QF would be able to get decent yields that would allow it to be a profitable airline, yet it isn't, at all...
Old Mar 25, 2014, 4:53 am

Programs: QF Gold
They stopped serving weis in Y
Old Mar 25, 2014, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fly747first
If that were true, QF would be able to get decent yields that would allow it to be a profitable airline, yet it isn't, at all...
Well not really true. One loss does not mean the airline will be loss-making now and forever more. Also, plenty of airlines that have a poor reputation for service make a profit so your logic seems faulty in this regard as well.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by fly747first
There are several non sequiturs in that sentence. Quality of cabin service doesn't directly translate into yield, and yield doesn't directly translate into profit.

There can be correlations, of course, but sometimes they're weaker than you might think. Some of the most profitable customers, for example, choose airlines without really caring what the cabin service is like. And remember that customers like that can be buying tickets by the (many-fold) thousand.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Well not really true. One loss does not mean the airline will be loss-making now and forever more. Also, plenty of airlines that have a poor reputation for service make a profit so your logic seems faulty in this regard as well.
QF has been struggling for a while now, this just didn't happen overnight. Also, you are absolutely wrong because an airline needs to know its strategy... in QF's case, it has chosen to compete as a full-service airline, not a low-cost one, so it needs strong yields to survive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.