Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How easy to use QFF points - A tale from an Infrequent Flyer

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How easy to use QFF points - A tale from an Infrequent Flyer

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
Fortunately I have a wife who is well qualified in linguistics so for once I don't need to rely on searches required by lesser people. Of course in the good old days a twerp may have been regarded as a term of endearment.......but obviuosly not now.
Merry Christmas to all our followers!
Old Dec 26, 2013, 9:32 pm

Programs: QF WP, VA WP, TK Elite Plus,
Originally Posted by vbroucek
Ha, same troll on "The Australian Frequent Flyer"... Copy & paste... Interestingly, neither here, nor there OP came aver back... And BTW, folks on AFF were much harsher about rather racist comment "I envisioned Dorothy as being in her 50’s , happy, slightly plump with grey or purple rinse hair and would not even take her orthodontist to task for her ill fitting dentures – a nice person" than people here...
Not racist, merely a feeble attempt at humour by the OP. Newsflash to grussellt, being rude and condescending when describing someone who is merely doing their job just makes you sound like a tosser. I can think of some epithets to describe your good self after reading your purile post and subsequent replies, but I'm sure that the forum rules prevent me posting those. Lesser people? That response alone confirms you are a troll and really do need to get your hand off it. If you really do consider yourself a cut above everyone else, maybe you can find another website that caters more for your sort of people.

As to the content, I call BS. Perhaps the OP might elighten the members as to the routings with QF and the claimed $7k equivalent on VA, if there is a scintilla of fact in the story he posted.

VA's business class the best out there? The OP needs to travel more.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 1:31 pm
Original Poster

And a very friendly welcome to Flyertalk. We all look forward to your future posts!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by will2rob
Perhaps the OP might elighten the members as to the routings with QF and the claimed $7k equivalent on VA, if there is a scintilla of fact in the story he posted.
This has been asked before, but a response from grussellt is noticeably lacking
Old Dec 28, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: Air NZ Gold Elite, Qantas Platinum, Emirates Gold, Flying Blue Gold
I think grusellt has misjudged his audience.
His raconteur-ing may go down well at the bar, but falls flat here. Over-embellishment of events, and 70's sit-com style characterisation does not add to the point, or enhance the humour.
I am sure Grusellt expected a matey backslap for his bonhomie instead of a wake-up face slap. And perhaps deservedly so.

I find the stero-typing of Alan Joyce as the Leprechaun tiresome and sneering (and verging, as someone earlier noted on racist). We may not enjoy or agree with his managerial style, but surely this is not a function of being short or Irish.

What I do know is that I have always been treated well, respectfully and appreciated by Qantas staff, but then I have always been the same to them.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

The content of the OP arrived with other letters bearing Christmas news - and was from a writer known for his story-telling ability to varied audiences who generally receive his jokes well. He has passed up his right to reply for fear of precipitating something akin to World War III. However I can assure his many new admirers that his trip commenced in Sydney before stopovers in Vienna and New York with a return across the Pacific. He retains a large swag of QFF points.
In case you are interested he had an enjoyable holiday - and also retains his friendly manner! From those who have read my previous posts - so do I!
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
Originally Posted by grussellt
The content of the OP arrived with other letters bearing Christmas news - and was from a writer known for his story-telling ability to varied audiences who generally receive his jokes well. He has passed up his right to reply for fear of precipitating something akin to World War III. However I can assure his many new admirers that his trip commenced in Sydney before stopovers in Vienna and New York with a return across the Pacific. He retains a large swag of QFF points.
In case you are interested he had an enjoyable holiday - and also retains his friendly manner! From those who have read my previous posts - so do I!
Oh, this (bolded above) explains the $7k... Not really RTW but one of several mini RTWs on offer. I am regularly using those on offer by LH and LX (last time, I got it even under $7k).
Old Dec 28, 2013, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
clearly not good at some audiences

It is possible he did not respond to this thread because he may not want to admit he erred.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 4:04 am

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
I have an elderly uncle with a similar style of wit.

Our family loves him dearly and most of us are therefore quite tolerant of his long-winded attempts at entertaining us, god bless him. Here's a tip, step up your friend's alcohol intake next Christmas time and he'll nod off early in the proceedings which will spare everyone the effort of appearing to be amused. Works in most families
Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:30 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
[mod hat] Closed for moderator review. [/mod hat]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.