Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

How long for QF status to be recognised by OW partners?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

I will hit QF gold on Thu night with a domestic flight, and am then flying CX on Saturday morning. Is there any delay in QF status being recognised in other oneworld systems? I know it could take until Friday night for the QF domestic flight to post, so my QF status might only change a few hours before the CX flight. The only reason I am looking into this, is I would like to use the lounges in Sydney and then in Hong Kong. I obviously won’t have a card or anything to get in, so will be reliant on what is printed on the boarding pass.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Just take a print out of your summary page with you and you should be fine.

I have always found the CX lounge dragons in Hong Kong to be quite accomodating if you are genuinely allowed access, and equally firm if you are not, so you shouldnt have an issue.

Others would know more, but I would assume that if you go to the QF J lounge at SYD on your way out you may be able to get something from them to confirm your status for HKG
Old Aug 20, 2013, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seat_4D
Just take a print out of your summary page with you and you should be fine.

I have always found the CX lounge dragons in Hong Kong to be quite accomodating if you are genuinely allowed access, and equally firm if you are not, so you shouldnt have an issue.

Others would know more, but I would assume that if you go to the QF J lounge at SYD on your way out you may be able to get something from them to confirm your status for HKG
Good ideas re printing out the summary page and also asking lounge agent in SYD for something. Our connecting flight in HKG has a habit of being many hours late, so will be good to make sure we can use the lounge.

Many thanks,
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
As soon as the QF systems update, call to have your FF number removed from your booking and then re-added. That should update everything.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 6:03 pm

Programs: QF WP (OWE) / LTG (LT OWS) | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MilesDependent
The only reason I am looking into this, is I would like to use the lounges in Sydney and then in Hong Kong. I obviously won’t have a card or anything to get in, so will be reliant on what is printed on the boarding pass.
As long as your status is correctly reflected on the Qantas' side*, you should be fine. If your BP doesn't show your new status, not to worry, the lovely CX ladies will call the Qantas Lounge and verify your status. I experienced it personally when a raft of flights pushing me past Qantas Platinum, posted to my QFF account while I was in transit in HKG.

*At times, your QFF account will reflect the correct status but Qantas' booking side might not see it. Happened to me when the seat selection engine wouldn't see my Gold status, and never showed me the "good" seats. Call to the member line fixed that, but did require manual intervention.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.