Wiki Posts
Search

PE Sales from USA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2013, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA,AA,WN, Marriott & Hilton Gold
PE Sales from USA?

I'm looking at taking a trip to Australia on QF in late March 2014. There are some good economy fare sales for those dates right now, but PE is still a price higher than I'm willing to pay. What are the chances of PE coming down around the $2,800 range for that time period, much as it is for July-September travel right now? If I let the current fare sale lapse waiting, will the cheap Y fares return (we are 9 months away still)?

I searched thru the forums and there were some old threads, but I'm new to looking at QF and Australia fares, and wanted to seek some fresh advice from the experts. Thanks!
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
Cathay Pacific is showing PEY fares LAX-HKG-MEL (E class) for Mar 2014 within your price guidelines. I would assume that other Oz destinations would be similar in price. exORD and exJFK would be slightly more expensive.

CX PEY will credit as full economy to FF programs.

Happy wandering

Fred
Old Jun 27, 2013, 8:56 pm

You should be able to pick up a Qantas sale for about $2500-2700 depending on departure point. I would wait.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.