Wiki Posts
Search

WP Shadow Seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2013, 7:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas WP
WP Shadow Seats

Sorry if this has been asked but couldn't find with a quick search.
How does the seat shadow for WP's work? Obviously with a nearly full flight the seats get taken but if I book an aisle seat on a 3-3 config I almost always get a spare seat...will this work if I book an aisle (one in from the window) on a 2-4-2 or an emergency exit? Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2013, 9:00 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
No, another WP is likely to want that window seat
In practice for moderately full flights it has only ever worked for the middle seat, and even that is likely to go in row 4 to another WP.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:49 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Its an 'unpublished benefit' so not an entitlement.

An empty middle seat is likely to be held for as late as possible by the airline for WP and above, but it will vanish as soon as loadings require it. For 2 4 2 its much less likely that the seat will be empty.

Lots of comment and opinion here: The WP shadow
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:25 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
... For 2 4 2 its much less likely that the seat will be empty.
That's about the only reason why a 737 is preferable to the 767 or 330 (apart from row 4 in Y).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.