Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas QF9 MEL-DXB Points Upgrade chances

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 9:14 pm
Original Poster

Flying 6 July (a Saturday) to Nice via Dubai (QF9) and have only just requested an upgrade to Business or failing that PE on the first leg MLB-BXB (15 hrs).

The flight was purchased as a discount ticket (using points n pay), I am a Qantas club lounge member, accrue approx 150,000 points a year mainly via purchases on an AMEX.

I don't earn that many points from flights - perhaps one return flight every two months.

What would you say the chances are that I'd be given an upgrade?
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:12 pm

It's hard to tell. At the moment QF9 on 6JUL looks like oversold in PE, while in J it's J9C1D0I0.

Side note: It's MEL not MLB (which is in Florida). And it's DXB not BXB (which is in Babo Indonesia).
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:33 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Side note: It's MEL not MLB (which is in Florida). And it's DXB not BXB (which is in Babo Indonesia).
I was booked to go to BHX (Birmingham, UK) once, whilst - at check-in - my bags were tagged to BHE (Blenheim, NZ), albeit via SYD, SIN and FRA. I didn't notice until I glanced at the bag-tags in the SIN Lounge.

2/3 bags made it; the one that didn't simply missed the very tight connection at FRA, not because it was on the opposite side of the world.

Moral to the tale: seems even "systems" can work out where you really mean to say!!

Regards,

BD
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
It's hard to tell. At the moment QF9 on 6JUL looks like oversold in PE, while in J it's J9C1D0I0.

Thanks - further research confirmed that there are currently a relatively high number of seats spare in business class, however I've purchased an Economy (O) discounted ticket and will be very lucky to get an upgrade on that. Not expecting good news but here's to hoping.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 3:02 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
I think your chances are low.

F4 A3 J8 with C/D/I all 0, and all of Y+ 0.

F seats may be sold as J fares, so perhaps only 4 real J seats available.
Y+ may be oversold, and so customers will be upgraded to J.

Then the upgrade process will upgrade CL requests, WP1, WP, down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.