Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Why is QF deploying non-reconfig 744s to SIN?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why is QF deploying non-reconfig 744s to SIN?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2013, 4:16 pm

Programs: QF. UA. Avis. AMEX.
One used to get PJs on the SYD-SIN sector on QF ###. When did this stop?

### have not flown QF to SIN in approx 2.5 years, have been flying BA or SQ J or F.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:25 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by nonce
One used to get PJs on the SYD-SIN sector on QF ###. When did this stop?

### have not flown QF to SIN in approx 2.5 years, have been flying BA or SQ J or F.
PJs would have been issued on SYD-SIN since the plane continued to LHR and no doubt most people would use them again on the second sector SIN-LHR. Just good luck for the SIN (only) bound pax to get them as well.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 10:49 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by fly747first
In your experience, are there quite a few last-minute equipment changes on this route especially for QF 5/6?
Well I experienced a change of aircraft QF 6 SIN to SYD from B744 (older 3 class) to A330 for end-July a few days after being ticketed on the original QF 6. QF automatically swopped me to QF 52 SIN to BNE connecting to QF 8 BNE to SYD both on the newer refurbished B744ER.
Note that if the swop is to a 4 class B744, high status pax will get first picks at the old F cabin in the nose section.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
Back to the OPs question...
QF is down to (I think)
6 refurbed 747-400ERs
3 refurbed 747-400s
5-6 non-refurbed 747-400s

The ERs are needed for the longer routes (DFW and SCL), and I think the refurbed planes are preferred on the non-A380 LAX runs.

Thus the Asian routes are left with the non-refurbed planes,
until they disappear for the ex-Jetstar A330s with a yet to be revealed product.
Old Jun 17, 2013, 11:23 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
What's wrong with the non-refurbed birds?

As an Elite you get to sit in First Class for Business Class pricing (and service).

Fully flat :-)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:00 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by SMK77
What's wrong with the non-refurbed birds?

As an Elite you get to sit in First Class for Business Class pricing (and service).
And if you don't get A zone (old) seating, you get to sit in normal Business Class seating which IIRC are Mk 1 SkyBeds.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 1:22 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by og
And if you don't get A zone (old) seating, you get to sit in normal Business Class seating which IIRC are Mk 1 SkyBeds.
And if you fly out of MEL, there is no choice but Mk 1 Skybeds (or EK seats)! Interesting that they chose to serve BNE with 744 and MEL only gets an A330. I guess MEL has Jetstar running a duplicate service though.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by og
Not to mention the fact that QF seems to largely operate QF5/6 with Mk I J beds in zone A.
Old Jun 19, 2013, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Traveloguy
Not to mention the fact that QF seems to largely operate QF5/6 with Mk I J beds in zone A.
Currently, my flight in August is showing a 3-class 747-400. I have seat 3B, not too bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.