Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Alternative to Qantas Frequent Flyer Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas

I am a Qantas Frequent Flyer Bronze and have about 60,000 pts which have been earned from my credit card. I get a couple vouchers per year to use in the Qantas Club which I also like.
I'm from Adelaide and Qantas has recently cut all direct services from Adelaide to Singapore.
The last 5 times I've travelled have been with Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines and Virgin and once with Qantas which was using QFF points.
I travel around Asia using Air Asia most of the time but would switch if I could justify paying a higher price to get extra points that I would use.
I have been a Krisflyer member before but my points would expire before I would have enough to use and because I don't travel a lot that would seem like a bad idea.
I'm planning a trip to Asia or perhaps Vanuatu and another to Athens in the next 15 months so could have a few points coming to me and don't want to waste them this time around.
Singapore Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, Emirates and Cathay Pacific fly out of Adelaide direct to Asia or Middle East.
PS flying direct to Dubai is not an option for me in economy too tall, too fat, too old!!
Should I continue with Qantas FF or consider something else. Any ideas are most welcome because I'm sure I can manage this better.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ozziedave Welcome to forum

Your question has been asked before. Have a look here, including post 2 (click on the blue link)
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...help-here.html
Malaysian Airlines is now part of OneWorld alliance, as is Qantas

And here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html
Old Jun 16, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
One of the more obvious options for you is Aegean. That's where I'm in the process of moving. QF have gone too far this time.

Aegean's FF program is free to join, and you can get to *A gold with them for 20,000 points. That will get you lounge access when flying with any *A airline. The right return Y flight from ADL to Europe with SQ, credited to Aegean, and you should get to 20,000 (which lasts 3 years). TG is another option. Just read the Aegean credit rules carefully, as not all classes are credited. Plenty of information on this site.

It would be great if Virgin joined *A too. Then domestic travel would be covered. But they are apparently more likely to join Skyteam.
Old Jun 16, 2013, 5:15 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by timster
It would be great if Virgin joined *A too. Then domestic travel would be covered. But they are apparently more likely to join Skyteam.
Where does this information come from?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.