Search

Melbourne Qantas F lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:24 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by m0hamed
True, though I really fail to grasp what the awe of the CCRs are. ....
Its not a true CCR lounge unless you can sit there in a haze of Krug while also stuffing bacon roles down your throat and watching that beautiful delta winged bird being towed up to the dedicated lounge aerobridge.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 10:53 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by og
Its not a true CCR lounge unless you can sit there in a haze of Krug while also stuffing bacon roles down your throat and watching that beautiful delta winged bird being towed up to the dedicated lounge aerobridge.
You mean the Bacon Baguettes matched with Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2000? This was T3 GF, though....

Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:05 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
You mean the Bacon Baguettes matched with Taittinger Comtes de Champagne 2000? This was T3 GF, though....

Is it just me, or is an airport lounge about the only place where a bacon bap and champagne make for a suitable meal.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:25 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Is it just me, or is an airport lounge about the only place where a bacon bap and champagne make for a suitable meal.
Perhaps. They are delicious, nonetheless!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Shall I limit it to 6 words?
6 might be regarded by some as extravagent under the circumstances, but don't forget a smiley.

Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:47 am

Perhaps. They are delicious, nonetheless!
I love those bacon rolls. Yummy.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
I think og means when you could look out the windows near T4 gate 10 and see the BA liveried 100 seat passenger aircraft that could fly at supersonic speeds.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:34 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The CCR has wines that are not served in the BA F lounges, though the last year it has often been "on request" unless they know who you are. A bit like the CL which also has a hidden cellar, as I've discovered to my delight. By contrast at QF F lounge you have to make do with "merely" Leeuwin Shiraz
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:38 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by og
And Krug NV was there low-end entry level champagne in those days, not so long ago. Often the Krug Clos du Mesnil would be available (which is triple the price of Krug NV).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:15 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The fateful flight was on G-BOAD in row 5. We sat on the shady side of the aircraft and the windows were warm to touch and the champagne was cool. This was at Mach 2. By that stage, the type of Krug was irrelevant. What was relevant, however, was trying to explain to US Immigration was how two Australians dressed like backpackers and were traveling by Concorde. And I still wonder who was "Mr Cool" with the pale blue glasses in Row 1 (who was met by 6 big guys who made sure no one got near Mr Cool).
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:46 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by og
The fateful flight was on G-BOAD in row 5. We sat on the shady side of the aircraft and the windows were warm to touch and the champagne was cool. This was at Mach 2. By that stage, the type of Krug was irrelevant. What was relevant, however, was trying to explain to US Immigration was how two Australians dressed like backpackers and were traveling by Concorde. And I still wonder who was "Mr Cool" with the pale blue glasses in Row 1 (who was met by 6 big guys who made sure no one got near Mr Cool).
I have absolute respect for those that flew Concorde. I will never have the opportunity
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by number_6
And Krug NV was there low-end entry level champagne in those days, not so long ago. Often the Krug Clos du Mesnil would be available (which is triple the price of Krug NV).
Actually KRUG nv is a perfect acceptable drop and it is at the same grade as more recent DP vintage and many other vintage out there. Actually grand cuvée is actually hard to mix year on year to ensure a consistent drop
Old Apr 25, 2017, 6:14 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Ancient topic, but the title is just what I need... Does anyone know the current opening hours of the lounge? There's conflicting info online. I'm a OWE flying QR, the flight leaves at 23:05. Would the lounge be open until then?
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
It's open until the last QF International flights depart; currently QF9 to DXB and LHR at 10:55pm, QF151 to AKL at 11:35 and QF131 (on days it operates) to CHC at 11:45pm.
Old Apr 26, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by serfty
It's open until the last QF International flights depart; currently QF9 to DXB and LHR at 10:55pm, QF151 to AKL at 11:35 and QF131 (on days it operates) to CHC at 11:45pm.
Great news! Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.