Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Will QF allow me transfer miles to AS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

So a cousin flew on QF and agreed to give the miles. I however forgot to ask him to open an AS account and the miles from the outbound was credited to QF. Is there anyway I can get QF to change this to AS?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 7:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

No. The miles were correctly credited and there is no transfer option out of QFF
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
No. The miles were correctly credited and there is no transfer option out of QFF
Yeah I know that. What I was looking for is if QF considers one off requests to take away miles and let another carrier credit it.

I think I have heard of some US carriers allowing such things when people change the FFP# on the flight but the miles get miscredited.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
How long ago was it?

If your cousin had an existing AS FF account and it was not too long ago, they may be able to get the QF crediting reversed. Once that done, they may be able to be put into their AS account.

Other that that, there may be an opportunity to book some award AS flight using thiose QFF miles.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Yeah I know that. What I was looking for is if QF considers one off requests to take away miles and let another carrier credit it.

I think I have heard of some US carriers allowing such things when people change the FFP# on the flight but the miles get miscredited.
There is no miscredit in this case; the miles were requested to be posted to Qantas and were correctly posted to Qantas. What mistake occurred?
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
There is no miscredit in this case; the miles were requested to be posted to Qantas and were correctly posted to Qantas. What mistake occurred?
No mistake. The miles posted today.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Your cousin can't give you miles unless you officially do a transfer and pay fees that are usually more than the miles are worth. The only exception would be FF programs that allow "family" accounts and even then, a cousin probably wouldn't be considered family unless living at the same address.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Your cousin can't give you miles unless you officially do a transfer and pay fees that are usually more than the miles are worth. The only exception would be FF programs that allow "family" accounts and even then, a cousin probably wouldn't be considered family unless living at the same address.
There are no fees for a family transfer on QFF

A 1st cousin is an eligable family member to book a flight for/transfer miles to

from http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...efamilymembers

Originally Posted by QFF
'Eligible Family Member' of a Member means any person the Member can demonstrate,
to the reasonable satisfaction of Qantas,
as being related to that Member in any of the ways described below:
Husband/Wife
Parent/Step-parent
Domestic Partner/De Facto
Child, including foster & step-child
Brother/Sister
Half Brother/Sister
Grandparent
Grandchild
Son/Daughter-in-law
Brother/Sister-in-law
Father/Mother-in-law
Uncle/Aunt
Nephew/Niece
First cousin
Obviously , of course, this would only transfer to another QFF account and not to AS
Old Dec 23, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
UA Fan's needs only to go to qantas.com to transfer the miles by clicking on "First Cousin." Chances of being questioned are almost nil, but if UA Fan is ever questioned & the transferor is really a 2nd/ 3rd cousin, just play dumb ! "Duh, what's the difference??"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.