FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1397191-qantas-upgrades-business-class-sleep-experience.html)

Dontprocrastinateaviate Mar 14, 2013 6:59 am

+1 for the pathetic J breakfast. Except we were on QF2 from SIN to SYD last week. A little ham and cheese croissant and a glass of juice. The dinner (or light supper I think it was called) and drink service was pretty disappointing too. Wouldnt have mattered so much if there was a decent pre-flight dinner available in the SATS premier lounge that non-status J pax get directed to, but the food offering in that lounge was third-world.

I loved the J cabin and seat, usually long haul it in economy so fell in love with the Skybed MkII seat instantly, but having paid hard cash for the tickets, I would have been delighted with a much better inflight dining product.

wellsy Apr 11, 2013 4:20 am

Does anyone know if the Sleep Service is offered in the Old First cabins on the 747s which are sold as J? Or are they just as comfortable anyway?

I assume that 1A is still a better pick than the old SkyBed upstairs but have never travelled Old First on QF.

og Apr 11, 2013 5:51 am

Originally Posted by wellsy (Post 20572917)
I assume that 1A is still a better pick than the old SkyBed upstairs but have never travelled Old First on QF.

Old F 1A is the best seat in the house. Slightly less room than other F seats, but just being in the front - the very front - is special (IMHO). Old F seats are true flat whereas SkyBed MkI are sloping.

wellsy Apr 11, 2013 6:47 am

Sold - I think 1A will be just fine :)

og Apr 12, 2013 12:24 am

Originally Posted by wellsy (Post 20573285)
Sold - I think 1A will be just fine :)

I failed to mention that storage space is limited. Nothing overhead row 1 but the cupboard between 1A and 1K should do (unless it is full of crew carry-on bags).

DH188 Apr 12, 2013 12:50 am

Originally Posted by og (Post 20578427)
I failed to mention that storage space is limited. Nothing overhead row 1 but the cupboard between 1A and 1K should do (unless it is full of crew carry-on bags).

And a smallish carry-on fits under the ottoman.

patrickk Apr 14, 2013 12:06 am

Barry Humphries and QF PJs

[QUOTE=MissEllie;20410902]I knew it - they're giving me the reject jammies with short legs!!

On a PJs addendum I got the Hobbit DVD and there is the 'making of' additonal footage. There is a scene of Barry Humphries being wired up with motion capture dots for his Goblin King role, but instead of the hi-tech jump suit he is wearing his Qantas PJ's. Despite A-NZ beng the sponsor and despite the flight to n from Oz not offering PJs, he obviously keeps them as well, and he is a a big man. Now does this represent very subtle product placement on an A-NZ gig by QF.

Globaliser Apr 14, 2013 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by patrickk (Post 20588505)
On a PJs addendum I got the Hobbit DVD and there is the 'making of' additonal footage. There is a scene of Barry Humphries being wired up with motion capture dots for his Goblin King role, but instead of the hi-tech jump suit he is wearing his Qantas PJ's.

For anyone wanting to see the original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...ng-qf-pjs.html

bmchris Jul 8, 2013 1:45 pm

Is the Sleep Service available from Dallas to Brisbane? According to the QF website:

"Our sleep service, including a new mattress, duvet and turndown service, is available on selected flights to LA, Dallas, Johannesburg, New York, Singapore, London, Hong Kong, Narita, Bangkok, Jakarta, Shanghai and Manila. Why not try our T2 Wellbeing tea before you go to bed? Our customers are telling us they love it."

I hope Qantas doesn't mean just from Australia when they say "to LA, Dallas...", when it should perhaps say "to and from LA, Dallas...".

serfty Jul 8, 2013 3:17 pm

While I have not done the DFW thing since this more recent "upgrade", I am pretty sure the mattress overlays etc would be available all Westbound TPAC flights such as on QF8. It certainly was available on QF94.

bmchris Jul 8, 2013 3:45 pm

deleted

shillard Jul 9, 2013 5:34 am

So more of a QF "enhancement" than "upgrade" - what a surprise.

Sant Jul 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 21062656)
While I have not done the DFW thing since this more recent "upgrade", I am pretty sure the mattress overlays etc would be available all Westbound TPAC flights such as on QF8. It certainly was available on QF94.

My last experience with J was in 2006 from SFO to/from SYD. I remember falling asleep with massaging pods and waking up to a satisfying full breakfast. It sounds like the breakfast on my upcoming QF008 may not be scrumptious as it once was.

bmchris Aug 2, 2013 6:07 am

In Business class, does Qantas offer an eat later option? Our flight departs at 11.30pm PT (LAX-BNE), but we'll be coming from the East, so this will be too early for a meal. I'd ideally like to sleep then eat.

serfty Aug 2, 2013 8:16 pm

Originally Posted by bmchris (Post 21201784)
In Business class, does Qantas offer an eat later option? Our flight departs at 11.30pm PT (LAX-BNE), but we'll be coming from the East, so this will be too early for a meal. I'd ideally like to sleep then eat.

You can indeed request this - note though that even if coming from the east, I find it is generally better to watch a movie over supper, then try to sleep with 10-11 hours remaining in the flight.

To go straight to sleep, even though it may be ~3am WAS time, you may find you will be waking up 8 or so hours later at around 2am BNE time (timing for Northern Summer).