FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qantas | Frequent Flyer (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer-498/)
-   -   Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qantas-frequent-flyer/1397191-qantas-upgrades-business-class-sleep-experience.html)

eoinnz Jan 16, 2013 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 20062019)
That's good news. BUT, does this mean a later start to breakfast - say 1.5 hrs before arrival instead of the current 2 hrs?

Even quicker - 1hr 15min (45 minutes before decent)

og Jan 17, 2013 2:59 am

Originally Posted by eoinnz (Post 20064176)
Even quicker - 1hr 15min (45 minutes before decent)

Good news again. Perhaps this is the first real reason to return to QF for the overnight flight. Now if we could only have a few extra toilets so everyone can change out of their PJs in time for landing :)

RooFlyer Jan 17, 2013 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by og (Post 20064872)
Good news again. Perhaps this is the first real reason to return to QF for the overnight flight. Now if we could only have a few extra toilets so everyone can change out of their PJs in time for landing :)

Yeah - that's now become the determination of when I fold the bed up. Nearly got caught in the PJs once, when they turned the final seat belt sign on, due to lav crowding. Now I'm usually one of the first to get changed out of the PJs .. so breakfast service no longer relevant for sleep period:(

But I'd still rather lose a lav if it means having the lie-flats .

(And I'm still amazed at how few people in J or F on other airlines get changed into some form of sleeping kit when PJs not supplied. Admittedly its a bit more in the carry-on, but I take my own sleeping gear even on QF - QR PJ trousers and a baggy T shirt :) )

Dave Noble Jan 17, 2013 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by RooFlyer (Post 20069241)

(And I'm still amazed at how few people in J or F on other airlines get changed into some form of sleeping kit when PJs not supplied. Admittedly its a bit more in the carry-on, but I take my own sleeping gear even on QF - QR PJ trousers and a baggy T shirt :) )

Conversely I find the fascination with changing into pyjamas on aeroplanes quite strange

serfty Jan 17, 2013 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 20069298)
Conversely I find the fascination with changing into pyjamas on aeroplanes quite strange

Back in the 90's they were advertised as "Oversuits".

I personally consider them as light track suits rather than pajamas...

thegreatmrsj Jan 17, 2013 2:19 pm

I like my sleep so worst case, you will find me in my jammies temporarily in the airport but I will dive into the first toilets to adjust this fashion faux pas

Dave Noble Jan 17, 2013 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by serfty (Post 20069526)
Back in the 90's they were advertised as "Oversuits".

I personally consider them as light track suits rather than pajamas...

Whatever they call them, I still cannot see the fascination with them and are amongst the things that I tend to not accept when the attendants come round trying to clutter my space ( together generally the wash bags etc )

shillard Jan 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Ditto.

serfty Jan 17, 2013 3:52 pm

For me, to whom checking luggage is Anathema, they are very useful in extending the pre-wash life of the few pieces of attire I travel with.

m0hamed Jan 17, 2013 4:13 pm

I never understood the PJs until I tried them. I usually travel in jeans and a polo shirt. The PJs are significantly more comfortable and means my clothes are fresher when I disembark.

I generally leave them on board.

TheInvisibleHand Jan 17, 2013 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed (Post 20070561)
I never understood the PJs until I tried them. I usually travel in jeans and a polo shirt. The PJs are significantly more comfortable and means my clothes are fresher when I disembark.

I generally leave them on board.

x2
* originally thought it was weird
* but they are more comfy than jeans
* and most importantly (for me) it keeps your clothes fresher

I also leave them on board

RooFlyer Jan 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Note sure about the 'fascination' bit, but wouldn't you rather sleep (assuming you do - as opposed to work/watch movies) in something other than street clothes?

I know I look a complete dag when I'm changed, but I'm 'of an age' where I don't care two hoots and I'm much more comfortable and relaxed. Street clothes get hung up in the cupboard, out of the way.

But I do admire the odd chap you see who keep their ties on the entire way on a long haul! (Maybe that's you, Dave Noble ? :) )

serfty Jan 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Dave Noble has stated previously in many posts the their preference is for Daytime flights where the need to sleep can be avoided.

justin_krusty Jan 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by RooFlyer (Post 20070773)
But I do admire the odd chap you see who keep their ties on the entire way on a long haul!

That always cracks me up too, The Full Suit And Tie Man on long haul.

og Jan 17, 2013 5:32 pm

I love my QF PJs. The F pants are great for the flight and when they have shrunk after the first wash :mad: (cold water, dry on a clothes line - not drier), I can recycle them into fantastic cleaning rags for my bike. That saves ripping up a T shirt.

Oh, and BTW, the I never wear the PJ top and prefer a well worn T shirt instead..