Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas upgrades Business Class sleep experience

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by og
That's good news. BUT, does this mean a later start to breakfast - say 1.5 hrs before arrival instead of the current 2 hrs?
Even quicker - 1hr 15min (45 minutes before decent)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:59 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by eoinnz
Even quicker - 1hr 15min (45 minutes before decent)
Good news again. Perhaps this is the first real reason to return to QF for the overnight flight. Now if we could only have a few extra toilets so everyone can change out of their PJs in time for landing
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:19 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by og
Good news again. Perhaps this is the first real reason to return to QF for the overnight flight. Now if we could only have a few extra toilets so everyone can change out of their PJs in time for landing
Yeah - that's now become the determination of when I fold the bed up. Nearly got caught in the PJs once, when they turned the final seat belt sign on, due to lav crowding. Now I'm usually one of the first to get changed out of the PJs .. so breakfast service no longer relevant for sleep period

But I'd still rather lose a lav if it means having the lie-flats .

(And I'm still amazed at how few people in J or F on other airlines get changed into some form of sleeping kit when PJs not supplied. Admittedly its a bit more in the carry-on, but I take my own sleeping gear even on QF - QR PJ trousers and a baggy T shirt )
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by RooFlyer

(And I'm still amazed at how few people in J or F on other airlines get changed into some form of sleeping kit when PJs not supplied. Admittedly its a bit more in the carry-on, but I take my own sleeping gear even on QF - QR PJ trousers and a baggy T shirt )
Conversely I find the fascination with changing into pyjamas on aeroplanes quite strange
Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Conversely I find the fascination with changing into pyjamas on aeroplanes quite strange
Back in the 90's they were advertised as "Oversuits".

I personally consider them as light track suits rather than pajamas...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
I like my sleep so worst case, you will find me in my jammies temporarily in the airport but I will dive into the first toilets to adjust this fashion faux pas
Old Jan 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by serfty
Back in the 90's they were advertised as "Oversuits".

I personally consider them as light track suits rather than pajamas...
Whatever they call them, I still cannot see the fascination with them and are amongst the things that I tend to not accept when the attendants come round trying to clutter my space ( together generally the wash bags etc )
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:18 pm

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Ditto.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me, to whom checking luggage is Anathema, they are very useful in extending the pre-wash life of the few pieces of attire I travel with.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:13 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
I never understood the PJs until I tried them. I usually travel in jeans and a polo shirt. The PJs are significantly more comfortable and means my clothes are fresher when I disembark.

I generally leave them on board.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jan 17, 2013 at 4:19 pm
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:42 pm

Programs: QF WP, LTG
Originally Posted by m0hamed
I never understood the PJs until I tried them. I usually travel in jeans and a polo shirt. The PJs are significantly more comfortable and means my clothes are fresher when I disembark.

I generally leave them on board.
x2
* originally thought it was weird
* but they are more comfy than jeans
* and most importantly (for me) it keeps your clothes fresher

I also leave them on board
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:47 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Note sure about the 'fascination' bit, but wouldn't you rather sleep (assuming you do - as opposed to work/watch movies) in something other than street clothes?

I know I look a complete dag when I'm changed, but I'm 'of an age' where I don't care two hoots and I'm much more comfortable and relaxed. Street clothes get hung up in the cupboard, out of the way.

But I do admire the odd chap you see who keep their ties on the entire way on a long haul! (Maybe that's you, Dave Noble ? )
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Dave Noble has stated previously in many posts the their preference is for Daytime flights where the need to sleep can be avoided.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:11 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG, VA Plat
Originally Posted by RooFlyer
But I do admire the odd chap you see who keep their ties on the entire way on a long haul!
That always cracks me up too, The Full Suit And Tie Man on long haul.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:32 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
I love my QF PJs. The F pants are great for the flight and when they have shrunk after the first wash (cold water, dry on a clothes line - not drier), I can recycle them into fantastic cleaning rags for my bike. That saves ripping up a T shirt.

Oh, and BTW, the I never wear the PJ top and prefer a well worn T shirt instead..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.