Wiki Posts
Search

Award inventory T-24hrs?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2012, 8:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Award inventory T-24hrs?

I have been looking at award inventory for the last week. Can someone clarify exactly when QF release award seats. looking at SYD-LAX and noticed P and U class is showing as zero when earlier it was P2, pretty much similar results a few days ago

my query - do QF release awards daily or every couple of days (the later seems likely) and assuming I was booking a straight award via a partner when the P inventory shows I do see it as available on BA.com but assume inventory is going fairly quickly to QF plat's with upgrade requests in - anyone know how long the window is between releasing the inventory and the computer op' up's? As it seems this is the reason for the P class release as the 744 has plenty of F space and nothing has come up.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: QF WP/LTG
I'd be surprised if the award inventory you can see at T-24 hours is bookable as an award seat. It will be released for pax requesting upgrades only.

QF releases awards from 353 days out, and then sometimes through out the year, depending on what their yield management thinks they can't sell.
Old Apr 16, 2012, 11:24 pm
Original Poster

100% award seats, seen it every couple days for at least a week (looking almost daily) at a fairly consistent hour.
Initially i thought it was a general award release but rethinking it is meant for op up's as it goes so quick. I guess my point being even if I do see it is the window so small that the process of putting my name in etc going to be too slow to confirm the booking?
Old Apr 17, 2012, 12:44 am

Programs: QF, MH
I have seen U award inventory appear about 3 days before flight when previously there was none for domestic and transtasman flights.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:34 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
100% award seats, seen it every couple days for at least a week (looking almost daily) at a fairly consistent hour.
Initially i thought it was a general award release but rethinking it is meant for op up's as it goes so quick. I guess my point being even if I do see it is the window so small that the process of putting my name in etc going to be too slow to confirm the booking?
It's not for op-ups - it's for waitlisted upgrades.

It does show as award inventory in the GDS (P, U, Z) however I would be *very* surprised if you can actually *book* it as an award seat.

The inventory is there to process the existing upgrade requests and I strongly suspect that the only pax that can get into those seats are those that have requested upgrades.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Qantas use the same inventories for awards as upgrades.

Until some months ago, some reported being able to snap these up for direct awards as they appeared in the time frame before the upgrades were processed.

I believe Qantas have implemented a change to stop this and it is no longer possible.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 4:28 am

Certainly possible 5 months ago - no reports since then that I know of

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qanta...l#post17566017
Old Apr 17, 2012, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Not on FT, however aside from that post by 3544quebec there was specific mention on AFF recently about how this was exploitable some months ago.

I have no doubt those able to exploit it would have not revealed it publicly if it were still possible.

Last edited by serfty; Apr 17, 2012 at 5:38 pm
Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:14 am
Original Poster

thanks

Last edited by ajinlondon; Apr 18, 2012 at 6:31 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.