Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Families now welcome into Qantas Club lounges

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Link - http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...e-access#jump5

New Policy

Qantas Lounges welcome you when travelling together with your family. In addition to your normal guest allowance you may also bring up to two children, between ages 3 and 17, into lounges operated by Qantas. There are no limitations for infants under 3 years of age. If you are travelling with more than two children, the Qantas lounge manager will try to accommodate them, subject to reviewing the space available in the lounge.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:12 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
I think it has just formalised what was always a fairly flexible informal policy.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:50 am

Programs: QFF
I have an email from QF which mentions this. It also has some other items related to kids and families...

Get your kids off to a flying start

Qantas Frequent Flyer is pleased to offer your kids complimentary membershipˆ to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program - that's a saving of $82.50! As members, kids aged from 2 years are eligible to earn points when they fly. To take advantage of this great offer and get the whole family earnings points, join your kids by 31 May 2012. Terms and conditions apply.
And a discount at Taronga and Western Plains Zoos, buy a ticket, show your QFF card and get a second ticket free.

Also informing of new Kids Zones in the MEL and SYD International J lounges and SYD T3, BNE and CNS Qantas Clubs.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:29 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
Great! I experienced that in an informal way.

The new policy for BA seems to be quite good as well. They have been very strict with Children (if over 2 they counted as guests).
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Great, had always been a tinged of nervousness on the way in, now formalised.
^
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Tyrolean
The new policy for BA seems to be quite good as well. They have been very strict with Children (if over 2 they counted as guests).
Did I miss something, i.e. has BA also changed the rules, as they were/are a right pain in the arse (with regard to families)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
Please remember that with extra privileges come certain responsibilities.
  • Keep your children off the computers when others need to use them.
  • The lounge is not a place for running about or being noisy.
  • Other people would like to share the food as well.
  • If there aren't enough seats your children should stand up so adults can sit.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Hvr
Umm.... so you are suggesting that guests of members are only entitled to sit if all members who wish to sit are seated
Old Apr 5, 2012, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA1MM, QF/NZ/VA/UA/DL, etc...
Originally Posted by Hvr
  • Keep your children off the computers when others need to use them.
  • The lounge is not a place for running about or being noisy.
  • Other people would like to share the food as well.
Ooh, now you started it - popcorn is ready and let the spectating begin!
Old Apr 6, 2012, 4:55 am

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by Himeno
I have an email from QF which mentions this. It also has some other items related to kids and families...

Quote:
Get your kids off to a flying start

Qantas Frequent Flyer is pleased to offer your kids complimentary membershipˆ to the Qantas Frequent Flyer program - that's a saving of $82.50! As members, kids aged from 2 years are eligible to earn points when they fly. To take advantage of this great offer and get the whole family earnings points, join your kids by 31 May 2012. Terms and conditions apply.

And a discount at Taronga and Western Plains Zoos, buy a ticket, show your QFF card and get a second ticket free.

Also informing of new Kids Zones in the MEL and SYD International J lounges and SYD T3, BNE and CNS Qantas Clubs.
Is this only for higher status QFF or everyone? I am silver and have not seen an email re this, as I'd be keen to sign the kids up.

If for everyone can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
Old Apr 6, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Western Force
Is this only for higher status QFF or everyone? I am silver and have not seen an email re this, as I'd be keen to sign the kids up.

If for everyone can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks
https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/do/...nffp?code=KIDS
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:50 am
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
I never had a problem. I tried blagginh my way in to BNE DOM, with my sister, her two kids and my mother, and was told at reception "We would never deny a family access" - I think she presumed my sister was my wife.

Also got into SYD T3 when I was doing SYD-MEL, connecting onto QF9, and Mum and nephew (aged 6) were allowed in, they even let Mum pop out from time to time to get cancer (luckily she has since given up).

IME, they have always been pretty good at QF, unlike BA.

Dave
Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Never had any major problems myself when flying on QF. Latest was when my Mum, Dad and Sister were travelling together on QF. All three got into the First lounge with no issues.

When travelling domestically (4 of us), there never has been a problem getting into the J/C lounge (even since both myself and my sis have not been under 18 for a couple of years now). This has usually been off-peak though, and I guess a WP is allowed 2 guests anyway.

For entry into the F/C lounge, the rules have only been relaxed when flying QF (and not say on CX - which I think is fair enough). When flying CX once (4 of us) to PEK, we were directed to the J lounge, despite being nice and joking it was because QF do not fly to PEK - This was after the guy at the entrance even commented (in a joking way) "if you were flying with us we could let you all in". J lounge accepted us conditionally as a one off (we were flying in Y).

Last edited by Platinum A332; Apr 6, 2012 at 8:38 pm
Old Apr 7, 2012, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In reality it's quantifying existing practice ...
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:49 pm

Programs: QF Plat & LTG; A3*A Gold; Avianca LM; Velocity; IHG Platinum, Accor All
Originally Posted by Himeno

What was the date of the email ? ~ can't recall receiving it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.