Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Fourth 747 Refurb complete - no more F on QF107/108; no Mk 2 skybed to FRA or JNB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fourth 747 Refurb complete - no more F on QF107/108; no Mk 2 skybed to FRA or JNB

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:23 am
Original Poster

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...5377/global/en

- Only one flight per day SYD-LAX will have F class (QF 11/12, except on days where QF 11/12 does not operate). This seems to take effect from June.
- 6 aircraft completed by end of June serving LAX, JFK, SCL and DFW
- Remaining 3 aircraft will be for 'long-haul pacific routes and Brisbane-Singapore' by end of October 2012.

So aircraft allocation by the end of October will be;
2 for the Dallas route
2 for Brisbane-Los Angeles
1 for Brisbane-Singapore
2 for Sydney-Los Angeles-New York
1 for Sydney-Santiago

Leaving one aircraft as an operating spare. Johannesburg and Sydney-Singapore-Frankfurt will NOT be getting fully flat beds in Business Class.

Given that QF 107/108 has been downgraded to a 3-class aircraft.....where will Airbus A380 #13 and #14 head off to?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:53 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
The pressure to compete on the FRA run has lessened with LH going back to 744s SIN-FRA as opposed to their 380s (at least on the April flight that I'm booked on). So you get a choice of LH's sloping beds or QF Mk1.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:54 am

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Suits me perfectly as my two FASAs on QF108 in late may are now on QF12. Very pleased.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by og
The pressure to compete on the FRA run has lessened with LH going back to 744s SIN-FRA as opposed to their 380s (at least on the April flight that I'm booked on). So you get a choice of LH's sloping beds or QF Mk1.
...or Singapore Airlines on the Airbus 380?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.