Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oversold QF flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:26 am

Programs: QF WP/LTG
Originally Posted by number_6
I'm astonished that QF has diluted this WP benefit so much -- but sure enough, the benefit now reads "facility may be restricted due to operational constraints" ... so it is no benefit at all now! Basically WP can buy a ticket, whenever anyone else can buy a ticket -- but not when flights are oversold. Contrast that with LH and even CX, which do have a real guaranteed seat benefit. I missed the wording change on this benefit, which has effectively eliminated it. Somehow this fits in so well with the Joyce era of Qantas. Promise everything and deliver nothing. Maybe that can be the QF slogan for next year?
I think the restriction has been around for a lot longer than Joyce...

There's still a benefit, but I just don't know when you can use it. When attempting to book QF6 (this is usually the one that I have the most trouble with), sometimes you can get on, and sometimes you can't. So, it becomes a benefit that works sometimes, but can't be relied on. So, a bit useless. Flights out of CBR are probably less of an issue - there are other flights that people can be put onto if required. Flights out of international destinations are probably harder to exercise this benefit on.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My understanding is that unless the booking class is closed, then it is permitted. If the load is so high that even Y waitlist is closed, then the benefit will not be granted.

This isn't, afaik, a recent restriction and has been around for a long while

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.