Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Now Paid Upgrade at WLG

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:48 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
With a bit of planning and luck, an I class fare for WLG-SYD can be had for NZD$600 and comes with proper business class points and SC's.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Leumas
With a bit of planning and luck, an I class fare for WLG-SYD can be had for NZD$600 and comes with proper business class points and SC's.
It has been a long time since it was that low....last was $1300 NZD return. This coming from SYD while on an I fare, with Double SC
Old Aug 3, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
I just booked one 2 days ago.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Leumas
I just booked one 2 days ago.
Thanks I have been looking regularly for a couple of weeks and they last discount, before the ADL specials were higher, $1300NZD.
I checked early 3 days ago and noticed regualr prices it must have changed very soon after that and I have just seen the flights I want are now at the price point you mentioned!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: QF, Velocity
Talking they're back at >$1k AUD each way for Business

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
Thanks I have been looking regularly for a couple of weeks and they last discount, before the ADL specials were higher, $1300NZD.
I checked early 3 days ago and noticed regualr prices it must have changed very soon after that and I have just seen the flights I want are now at the price point you mentioned!
What destination did you see for the good rate. I looked the last couple of days and they were, and still are >$1k each way for a Business Sale fare

I jagged some of the cheaper ones a couple of weeks ago to fly later this month
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
WLG-SYD has biz savers for $NZ 599 outbound and $NZ675-ish (I can't recall) for return. Dates in Aug and Sep.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:50 am

Programs: QF, Velocity
Question NZ origin for cheaper, Oz origin =$1k

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
WLG-SYD has biz savers for $NZ 599 outbound and $NZ675-ish (I can't recall) for return. Dates in Aug and Sep.
Thanks

Departing Oz it is still $1k. I had a look on the NZ site and can see the fares you talk of.

Looks just like the fares Oz had a couple of wks ago. I see the am flight is pretty full in J, but the afternoon flight (red eye ) shows 9 seats still left, with availability in I, but still $1k.

Is there a way for me to book on the NZ site, then change the date of the NZ to Oz fare to after the Oz to NZ? (or will I risk losing the whole ticket or be up for changing both in and out so the NZ to Oz bit is first chronologically)?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sail0r
Thanks

Departing Oz it is still $1k. I had a look on the NZ site and can see the fares you talk of.

Looks just like the fares Oz had a couple of wks ago. I see the am flight is pretty full in J, but the afternoon flight (red eye ) shows 9 seats still left, with availability in I, but still $1k.

Is there a way for me to book on the NZ site, then change the date of the NZ to Oz fare to after the Oz to NZ? (or will I risk losing the whole ticket or be up for changing both in and out so the NZ to Oz bit is first chronologically)?
No not wih these fares. The best you can do is one way from NZ.
My last few flights have never had less than 8 out of 12 seats filled and I generally do not fly the busy flights either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.