Now Paid Upgrade at WLG

Old Aug 2, 12, 3:48 pm
  #16  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SYD
Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Posts: 2,984
With a bit of planning and luck, an I class fare for WLG-SYD can be had for NZD$600 and comes with proper business class points and SC's.
Leumas is offline  
Old Aug 3, 12, 12:13 am
  #17  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wellington
Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Posts: 4,669
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
With a bit of planning and luck, an I class fare for WLG-SYD can be had for NZD$600 and comes with proper business class points and SC's.
It has been a long time since it was that low....last was $1300 NZD return. This coming from SYD while on an I fare, with Double SC
Blackcloud is offline  
Old Aug 3, 12, 12:43 pm
  #18  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: SYD
Programs: DJ, QF, SPG, Hilton
Posts: 2,984
I just booked one 2 days ago.
Leumas is offline  
Old Aug 3, 12, 4:23 pm
  #19  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wellington
Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Posts: 4,669
Originally Posted by Leumas View Post
I just booked one 2 days ago.
Thanks I have been looking regularly for a couple of weeks and they last discount, before the ADL specials were higher, $1300NZD.
I checked early 3 days ago and noticed regualr prices it must have changed very soon after that and I have just seen the flights I want are now at the price point you mentioned!
Blackcloud is offline  
Old Aug 4, 12, 4:23 pm
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: QF, Velocity
Posts: 33
Talking they're back at >$1k AUD each way for Business

Originally Posted by Blackcloud View Post
Thanks I have been looking regularly for a couple of weeks and they last discount, before the ADL specials were higher, $1300NZD.
I checked early 3 days ago and noticed regualr prices it must have changed very soon after that and I have just seen the flights I want are now at the price point you mentioned!
What destination did you see for the good rate. I looked the last couple of days and they were, and still are >$1k each way for a Business Sale fare

I jagged some of the cheaper ones a couple of weeks ago to fly later this month
sail0r is offline  
Old Aug 5, 12, 2:13 am
  #21  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PPQ/WLG/BKK
Programs: TG*G, Accor Gold
Posts: 7,775
WLG-SYD has biz savers for $NZ 599 outbound and $NZ675-ish (I can't recall) for return. Dates in Aug and Sep.
Thai-Kiwi is offline  
Old Aug 5, 12, 4:50 am
  #22  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Programs: QF, Velocity
Posts: 33
Question NZ origin for cheaper, Oz origin =$1k

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi View Post
WLG-SYD has biz savers for $NZ 599 outbound and $NZ675-ish (I can't recall) for return. Dates in Aug and Sep.
Thanks

Departing Oz it is still $1k. I had a look on the NZ site and can see the fares you talk of.

Looks just like the fares Oz had a couple of wks ago. I see the am flight is pretty full in J, but the afternoon flight (red eye ) shows 9 seats still left, with availability in I, but still $1k.

Is there a way for me to book on the NZ site, then change the date of the NZ to Oz fare to after the Oz to NZ? (or will I risk losing the whole ticket or be up for changing both in and out so the NZ to Oz bit is first chronologically)?
sail0r is offline  
Old Aug 5, 12, 3:27 pm
  #23  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Wellington
Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Posts: 4,669
Originally Posted by sail0r View Post
Thanks

Departing Oz it is still $1k. I had a look on the NZ site and can see the fares you talk of.

Looks just like the fares Oz had a couple of wks ago. I see the am flight is pretty full in J, but the afternoon flight (red eye ) shows 9 seats still left, with availability in I, but still $1k.

Is there a way for me to book on the NZ site, then change the date of the NZ to Oz fare to after the Oz to NZ? (or will I risk losing the whole ticket or be up for changing both in and out so the NZ to Oz bit is first chronologically)?
No not wih these fares. The best you can do is one way from NZ.
My last few flights have never had less than 8 out of 12 seats filled and I generally do not fly the busy flights either.
Blackcloud is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: