Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Heathrow T3 - how long to exit arrivals?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2012, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF

Hi, we are arriving at 06:20 and need to arrange for a time to meet our taxi service.
We have oversized ski luggage to collect (not sure if that will delay things).
We are travelling PE, will that give us an express card?
I was thinking to allow about 75 minutes.
thanks.

Last edited by blutek; Feb 1, 2012 at 8:59 pm
Old Jan 29, 2012, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

You will not get Fast Track immigration with Premium Economy

When booking a car service in UK, normally you just need to give them the flight details and they will have someone at the arrival time for the flight rather than needing you to estimate how long you will take to clear

45 minutes should be generally enough
Old Jan 29, 2012, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
What passport do you hold?

I find that immigration normally takes around 10-25 minutes and the bags are out shortly after that. For non-EU passport holders it might be a bit longer.

75 minutes sounds about right as a maximum time. As DN says, normally the car will just wait for you to come out, based on your flight details, rather than arriving at a specific time.

Don't let them charge you for more than an hour's parking though, unless your flight is delayed. I had a driver who waited at the airport for me for three hours as he had dropped someone off previously. He tried to charge me for the parking, but I politely informed him that I wouldn't be paying for it.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

It's an AU passport. I also have to join the queue for declaring controlled goods. Being in the back of the A380 (UD) I may be on the end of a long line.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by blutek
It's an AU passport. I also have to join the queue for declaring controlled goods. Being in the back of the A380 (UD) I may be on the end of a long line.
Even so, most car companies will want to know the arriving flight and the price includes waiting for passenger to arrive ; just contact the car company and give them your flight details and go from there

Some ask you to call when at baggage reclaim ( ie after immigration ) but decent ones will be fine
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:04 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Also ask them whether they'll SMS you the driver's mobile number on the day as T3 Arrivals is a zoo and you could face a long delay based on the info you gave (non-EU, cutoms control etc). In the scrum in arrivals it will be good to be able to call the driver to find out where he's standing.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:50 pm
Original Poster

Ended up booking a different taxi service. The driver is scheduled to meet us 60 minutes after arrival (at their usual meeting point). There's also an additional 30 minutes of free waiting time with parking cost included. It should be OK with that now in place.
Thanks all.

Last edited by blutek; Feb 1, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.