Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

QF1 / BA7311 A388 equipment from SYD to LHR in PE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QF1 / BA7311 A388 equipment from SYD to LHR in PE

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Guys,

I need your collective and powerful brains again. Doing a seat for my terms on Google with the parameter "Site:Flyertalk.com" didn't give me what I needed.

So a couple of questions if I may:

1. So when I changed my flight to Aug 10 for the BA7311 (QF 1) I was able to select 38 J / K for me and my partner without any problems. Checking both the BA PNR and the QF PNR shows the seat reservations reflected accordingly! Obviously I am not complaining, very happy with the seats indeed, but can someone tell me how I managed to grab these seats? My partner is BA Bronze and I am merely statusless in the hands of BA. Both of our PNRs are not linked in anyway shape or form (both bookings were paid and booked separately).

2. My flights are issued with BA flight number on BA stock but obviously operated by QF 1, after some visits to SYD T1 myself looking at the departures list, I know that I need to check in using the QF counters right? I just did not want to look a doughnut on the day.

3. As with the above, I need to purchase approximately 2 extra pieces of baggage, called BA to confirm who I should buy this from and they have said I need to contact QF. After doing a bit of research; can someone confirm whether I need to wait till T-7 days to purchase the excess baggage through QF's "Manage My Booking"?

4. Related to article 3, Called QF many moons ago to discuss purchasing baggage when they informed me about the T-7 day rule. Now I know there has been some developments with the QF baggage policy (new rules for travel ticketed after May 02 2012 I believe). Now the same agent said that I will be privy to the Piece system now ($90 per piece not exceeding 23KG (Advanced Purchase)). Now this travel was ticketed last year around July 2011 and this makes me believe I need to pay excess on a per KG basis and not piece. Can someone please confirm?

I know it looks like I have written an essay but please do let me know if anyone needs further clarification from me if I have babbled on too much.

/AE
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:03 am

Location: MEL, PER, PBO, occasionally ships, oil rigs and other places that no sane human being should ever find themselves
Programs: IHG RA, PC Plat, QF Plat/LTS
Originally Posted by Platinum A332
For my flight on the 26th, 34J and K opened up for myself to select, so I am now in 34K - so seats can and do open up closer to departure.
With QF's preferred seating policy for Plat One, Plat, etc the first/best few seats are normally only selectable for people who fall into that elite category. However, closer to flight time (don't know how many days/hours) they open up any blocked seats that haven't been reserved by elites.

I fly A330s farily often and as a Plat I can choose row 25 no matter how early I book but I can usually change that to 23 or 24 if I wait until a day or so before I fly.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by medic51vrf
With QF's preferred seating policy for Plat One, Plat, etc the first/best few seats are normally only selectable for people who fall into that elite category. However, closer to flight time (don't know how many days/hours) they open up any blocked seats that haven't been reserved by elites.

I fly A330s farily often and as a Plat I can choose row 25 no matter how early I book but I can usually change that to 23 or 24 if I wait until a day or so before I fly.
Interesting statement. I just hope we don't get moved from 38 J/K on the A388. Next best thing would be 34's.

This was handy to know.

/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.