Search

Qantas Valet Parking at AKL Intl

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2012, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF LTG, VASG, NZ*S, OZD, IHG SpireAMB, HHD
Qantas Valet Parking at AKL Intl

Hi All

After years of using Koru Valet Parking at AKL Intl, I noticed last year on the QF website that QF Valet Parking offered 3 QFF points per $ spent. Auckland was definitely listed there as one of the locations for such earning - in fact, it made it clear on the website that at AKL, 3 points were earned for each NZD spent, rather than the 3 points for each AUD spent as occurs at the Aussie locations.

In October I dropped my car off at QF Valet Parking at AKL for a few days and was pro-actively advised by the lady on reception that I would receive QFF points for my stay (she quoted me the same earn rate - 3 QFF points per $ spent). The points never credited, though, so I rang Skyway Parking (the company that provides the service), but noone there seemed to have much of a clue about points crediting.

I rang QFF yesterday and they told me to send in the receipt, which I duly did. However, I received an email today stating that QFF earn does not apply at AKL. I checked the QF website and it had indeed dropped AKL off the list of locations. I wrote back saying that this change must be recent (it was definitely on the website in November last year) and given it was on the website at the time of booking and the staff reiterated the earn, then the points should be credited.

I received a phone call from QFF saying that AKL has never had earning at Valet Parking and there would be "no way they could process it"(!?).

Has anyone ever had success getting points from QF Valet Parking in AKL? Can anyone confirm that points were available at this location? It is not a lot of points at all that we are talking about here, but there is a bit of a principle involved.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
What's was the URL of the web page you feel contained the information regarding QF Valet Parking offering for AKL?

The following Web page does not indicate AKL: http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/partners/valet

Last edited by serfty; Jan 5, 2012 at 2:05 pm
Old Jan 5, 2012, 5:36 am

Programs: QF WP/LTS
Is this the link

http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...king/global/en

"You will be in and out of the airport in no time with Qantas Valet Parking, now available at airports across Australia and Auckland.....earn 3 Qantas Frequent Flyer# points per AUD/NZD$1 spent on Qantas Valet Parking.....Auckland International Terminal - Located next to the Qantas Customer Service desk by door Four."
Old Jan 5, 2012, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Yep, that was exactly it. Many thanks, asiaflyer - it was quite simple really. I had only looked in the QFF section, rather than at the Valet Parking website itself.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Well found asiaflyer.

I'd print a copy of that page to a .pdf and attach it to your email, as well as this .pdf map:

http://www.qantas.com.au/infodetail/...arking-map.pdf

"Document Properties" for that .pdf indicate last edited 23rd September 2011.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Cheers, serfty. Will do.
Old Jan 13, 2012, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Postscript: QFF (finally) rang me yesterday to advise that the points have now been credited. Many thanks guys for your help and well done QFF in the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.