Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Which arrivals lounge do QF use for J pax in LHR?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2011, 4:52 am
Original Poster

I am arriving into LHR and have to get straight to meetings, having just arrived from MEL I assume I will need a shower and all those lovely things.

Whcih arrivals lounge do they use and also is it any good and where is it?
Old May 30, 2011, 6:31 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by 747-444
I am arriving into LHR and have to get straight to meetings, having just arrived from MEL I assume I will need a shower and all those lovely things.

AA in T3 - (IIRC) after exiting customs hall into the terminal turn right, then up a couple of floors in a lift. Well signposted.

Plenty of (decent) showers
Decent selection of hot and cold breakfast items (scrambled eggs etc.)
~4 internet terminals
A local phone (upon which I could not get an outside line ) )
Not big, but not crowded either
There may have been other facilities but I can't recall them

Note that this is the only arrivals lounge I've used, so cannot compare to any others. And I was in F, but reasonably sure QF J pax can use it too.
Old May 30, 2011, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Yep, it's the AA Arrivals lounge in T3. Nothing special (compared to the BA Galleries Arrivals in T5, for example), but perfectly adequate. I believe the lounge now has hot breakfast offerings too.
Old May 30, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
If you are on QF9 you will be okay but if on QF29 you may find it closed unless you land early or on time.
Old May 30, 2011, 4:55 pm

Programs: QF WP LTG, HHonors Diamond, NZ Gold
Can someone comment on luggage storage (whilst showering) - presumably plenty of space/supervision to stow suitcases?

BD
Old May 30, 2011, 6:52 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The shower suite has lots of room for holding your luggage; otherwise there is unsupervised storage by the lounge entry that looks rather dodgy. If it is important enough to care, I'd stow it in the shower. Those shower suites are the one good point of that lounge, really well done given how old they are.
Old May 31, 2011, 4:20 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by 747-444

If you are Qantas Platinum, you can also access the BA Arrivals Lounge in T5.
Old May 31, 2011, 7:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by number_6
The shower suite has lots of room for holding your luggage; otherwise there is unsupervised storage by the lounge entry that looks rather dodgy. If it is important enough to care, I'd stow it in the shower. Those shower suites are the one good point of that lounge, really well done given how old they are.
They are not that old though I think. IIRC the AA arrivals lounge was renovated completely about 2 years ago?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.