Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blocked Seats QF11 First Class?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Blocked Seats QF11 First Class?

I have booked an F award on QF 11 for next March and when selecting a seat online find 2A and 3A unavailable. Is it likely these seats are actually reserved 10 months in advance or are they simply blocked for QF elites? If that's the case is there a time when blocked seats might be unblocked for non-elite F passengers?
Old May 23, 2011, 2:52 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by jrussell
I have booked an F award on QF 11 for next March and when selecting a seat online find 2A and 3A unavailable. Is it likely these seats are actually reserved 10 months in advance or are they simply blocked for QF elites? If that's the case is there a time when blocked seats might be unblocked for non-elite F passengers?
If you check EF, you can tell if the seat is occupied or blocked. The QF seat map won't give that level of information.
Old May 23, 2011, 11:01 pm
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Blocked seats are rarely released prior to gate control on day of flight, but are readily available upon request (if you have the proper commercial importance to QF). But one of the features of the A380 F interior is that there are no bad seats and 2A/3A are really not worth fussing about. Easy for me to say as I usually get 2A even if I don't ask.
Old May 24, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
I've looked at a lot of QF F seatmaps and I don't see any blocked seatmaps. For a while, 1A/K on the 744s were being blocked, but that seems to have stopped. My basic Emerald status seemingly allows me to book any open F seat.
Old May 26, 2011, 2:27 pm
Hvr

Programs: QF LTG:
May well be booked already.

A colleague and I have already booked 2A and 3A as awards on the LAX-SYD flight in late APR 2012.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
You need to remember that QF employs the use of rules-based seatmap generation (based on your booking code and FF status) as well as theoretical seating (someone of higher background value has been 'pre-approved' for certain seats that you are not eligible for as a result).
Old May 26, 2011, 10:29 pm

Programs: QF, EK
I just booked an award F seat on the A380, and there are no blocked seats. I am blocked in 3A. Maybe it's because my flight is sooner than yours (July)?

P.S. I am only a bronze FF

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.