Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double SC Promo - wohoo!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 4:20 am

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by grant32
Do you think "International travel commenced" means each specific flight, or that your itinerary must commence by dates mentioned. E.g., if I do LHR-SIN on 30 August, then SIN-LHR on 5 Sep, will both sectors received double SCs?

"The offer is only valid for the recipient of this email for new bookings made between 1 April and 30 June 2012, for Domestic travel commenced between 1 April and 30 June 2012 and International travel commenced between 1 April and 30 June 2012 or 1 August and 31 August 2012"
Quoting Red Roo from the other website
It is all based on when the travel commences for each flight segment. If the SIN-MEL flight departs on June 30, then you will earn double Status credits.
Here post #209 on this thread
Old Apr 26, 2012, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by QF WP
shillard getting excited about something QF-centric....just priceless irrespective as to how long ago this thread was started.

Yes, I was targeted this year, so quickly registered - now to book and fly.
How's this for a laugh?

I'm up for double SC from both QF and DJ at the moment. I've had two DJ flights go u/s in the last 2 days (see DJ forum), been bumped onto QF and pickup up the double QF SCs as a result.

Truly priceless!
Old Apr 26, 2012, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by grant32
Do you think "International travel commenced" means each specific flight, or that your itinerary must commence by dates mentioned. E.g., if I do LHR-SIN on 30 August, then SIN-LHR on 5 Sep, will both sectors received double SCs?

"The offer is only valid for the recipient of this email for new bookings made between 1 April and 30 June 2012, for Domestic travel commenced between 1 April and 30 June 2012 and International travel commenced between 1 April and 30 June 2012 or 1 August and 31 August 2012"
The offer is per eligible 'flight' rather than eligible 'itinerary'. A flight is a single unbroken flight number. So it is the 'flight' that must be commenced inside the promo period.

So departing 30 June SYD-SIN-LHR on a single flight, no stopover, you would earn the SCs for SYD-LHR (not SYD-SIN then SIN-LHR).

If you break your journey and the second leg is outside the earning period, then the second leg earns standard SCs.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 11:32 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
"Unfortunately you are not eligible to register for this promotion."
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by Blackcloud
It is not restricted to the Qantas site or agents Expedia will work . Just ensure it is a QF flight code and fate bucket that would earn Status Credits.
Thank you Blackcloud, that makes things easier for me.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
and just make sure it is not a JQ operated flight!
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:32 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF:18475078
Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
and just make sure it is not a JQ operated flight!
QF codes on JQ do count if the fare bucket it books into is eligible for QFF SC and points accrual.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackcloud
QF codes on JQ do count if the fare bucket it books into is eligible for QFF SC and points accrual.
that is true - for QF flights on JQ metal booked in Y/B/H/K class... but I'm not sure if there is any way of checking this if booking via expedia? (hence my general advice to stay away from JQ...)
Old Apr 28, 2012, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
that is true - for QF flights on JQ metal booked in Y/B/H/K class... but I'm not sure if there is any way of checking this if booking via expedia? (hence my general advice to stay away from JQ...)
OK I understand what you are saying, and in order to book the QF codeshare it would be part of an intinerary with a QF flight and you just do not know what each of hte sectors would bok into.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 2:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
Originally Posted by shillard
How's this for a laugh?

I'm up for double SC from both QF and DJ at the moment. I've had two DJ flights go u/s in the last 2 days (see DJ forum), been bumped onto QF and pickup up the double QF SCs as a result.

Truly priceless!
You wouldn't FARKIN' read about it:

QF 2427 BNE-NTL, u/s. Bumped to JQ. 3 out of 4 flights in 5 days - bugger me.....
Old Apr 30, 2012, 9:20 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
You're just a lucky fella, aren't you.

I'm registered for both - if only I had some flying. First is 23 May on DJ (to ozfest), but it was booked in March

Originally Posted by shillard
QF 2427 BNE-NTL
Forget to ring me when you were in town
Old Apr 30, 2012, 10:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QF WP

Forget to ring me when you were in town
For 6hrs, 2hrs longer than I planned to be.....
Old May 1, 2012, 5:56 pm

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
A business trip... sure it was a status run, wasn't it
Old May 5, 2012, 10:58 am

Programs: QF Gold
Mr grant32 also received this offer. If I book us both on the same itinerary, I assume that is OK. The terms and conditions are a little vague.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.