Search

Double SC Promo - wohoo!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:04 am

Programs: QF, AA, UA, AS, SW, CO
Bloody cold. Rain. Great food but.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:39 am

Programs: QF Platinum One (LTG), UA Plat IHG Plat
OK this is weird. Did a JASA MEL-BNE on Sat.

Got my 60 SC's for the flight, then 60 SC's for double status credits promotion, then ANOTHER entry for double status credits promotion, with the same date and 40 SC's (!) so I actually got 160 SC's for my one way JASA MEL-BNE (30k points spend) which is sweet, but I don't quite understand why? Anyone got any clue? My return flight, which was a paid fare, just got the normal double SC's. Incentive to burn more miles??? Now I'm only 480 SC's shy of Plat......
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:48 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
I did 2 SC runs the past 2 weekends and have not received my double SC yet.

The T&C do say allow 6 weeks...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: QF Gold Virgin Aus Plat
Originally Posted by RichardMEL
OK this is weird. Did a JASA MEL-BNE on Sat.

Got my 60 SC's for the flight, then 60 SC's for double status credits promotion, then ANOTHER entry for double status credits promotion, with the same date and 40 SC's (!) so I actually got 160 SC's for my one way JASA MEL-BNE (30k points spend) which is sweet, but I don't quite understand why? Anyone got any clue? My return flight, which was a paid fare, just got the normal double SC's. Incentive to burn more miles??? Now I'm only 480 SC's shy of Plat......
A few people have reported excess double SC. Guess its the SC fairy!! AFAIK they havent been removed off peoples accounts
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: QF Platinum
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
I did 2 SC runs the past 2 weekends and have not received my double SC yet.

The T&C do say allow 6 weeks...
I'm at day 12 since my JASA status run was completed, normal points are showing but no bonus points as yet, can't understand why some get them within a few days and others don't.

Just checked they arrived, so if your waiting they will come so don't be impatient like me!

Last edited by Limewood; Jun 15, 2011 at 5:48 pm
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
well some of the double SC have come through - but not all, and it's not like just one weekends flights have come through but not the others - it's all of one weekend and some of the other...

wait and watch.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 8:58 pm

So I got another one for this year - Apr-Jun flying - anyone else? I got it AFTER I flew in paid J MEL-HKG, but in April, so hope they are nice and credit that flight - those extra 120 SC's would be handy for sure!

I wish QF kept a log online of the promos you are registered for - I'd like to confirm I'm in !! lol
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:13 pm

So I got another one for this year - Apr-Jun flying - anyone else? I got it AFTER I flew in paid J MEL-HKG, but in April, so hope they are nice and credit that flight - those extra 120 SC's would be handy for sure!

I wish QF kept a log online of the promos you are registered for - I'd like to confirm I'm in !! lol
Try this:

http://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyn/...nus-points-apr
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:47 am

Location: Brisbane (BNE), Australia, QF/VA Forums Meeting Organiser
Programs: VA Plat, QF Gold (97.4% LTG), QP Life, AA (66% LTG). HH Diamond. Amex Plat, Visa Plat
shillard getting excited about something QF-centric....just priceless irrespective as to how long ago this thread was started.

Yes, I was targeted this year, so quickly registered - now to book and fly.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:20 pm

Oh bugger "for NEW bookings between 1 April..." damn. I don't think I'll make WP without that extra 120 from my HKG flight. Oh well. Nice to get the extras again this year for sure. I've already requalified for SG, so not sure how much I should bother with new stuff in the next few months, though the August timeframe for int travel offers some interesting possibilities potentially.

thanks for the link
Old Apr 25, 2012, 4:29 am

Programs: QF WP; VA Gold
So I got another one for this year - Apr-Jun flying - anyone else?
Not me.... when I try to register I get

Unfortunately you are not eligible to register for this promotion.

For other great offers see our Member Specials page.
I turn WP on Saturday for the firs time ever and my reset date is not until 31 May so I will be happy to receive the promo for much the same timing as last year
Old Apr 25, 2012, 5:33 am

Programs: QFF Plat, OZ*G, HH Gold

Got it too, and sales going on at the moment for AKL-SYD, just booked AKL-SYD-AKL J for $1247, works out NZD $3.89 per SC. pretty good deal without heading to the US....
Old Apr 25, 2012, 10:39 pm

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I received this promotion as well, but with slightly different dates:

• Simply register and book by 30 June 2012
• Fly on any eligible* Qantas International or Domestic flight (i.e. with a QF flight number on your ticket where Status credits are normally earned) from April through June 2012 as well as August 2012 for International travel.

What I’m not sure about is how to book the flight to get the double SC’s. Does it have to be through the QF website after clicking the Register button or is it possible to book through your travel agent or on-line (Expedia for example)?
Old Apr 25, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
It is not restricted to the Qantas site or agents Expedia will work . Just ensure it is a QF flight code and fate bucket that would earn Status Credits.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 2:04 am

Programs: QF Gold
Do you think "International travel commenced" means each specific flight, or that your itinerary must commence by dates mentioned. E.g., if I do LHR-SIN on 30 August, then SIN-LHR on 5 Sep, will both sectors received double SCs?

"The offer is only valid for the recipient of this email for new bookings made between 1 April and 30 June 2012, for Domestic travel commenced between 1 April and 30 June 2012 and International travel commenced between 1 April and 30 June 2012 or 1 August and 31 August 2012"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.