Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Why can't I book A380 to and from Europe??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:01 pm
Original Poster

Hi

Travelling to Europe (AKL-AMS return) later this year and can't seem to book the A380 each way (via QF website). It seems to be available only one way for me (on both QF website and Expertflyer).

There is plenty of availability for my dates when I look at each separately.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2011, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Currently QF operate 388's MEL-SIN-LHR vv (QF9/QF10) and SYD-SIN-LHR vv (QF31/QF32). You would need to Fly T-T on 73H/763/333 on QF and across the English Channel on BA (if sticking to onewolrd).

What dates are you looking to book and how are you booking (Points, Revenue fare?)?
Old Apr 16, 2011, 1:50 pm

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by rlgshz
Hi

Travelling to Europe (AKL-AMS return) later this year and can't seem to book the A380 each way (via QF website). It seems to be available only one way for me (on both QF website and Expertflyer).

There is plenty of availability for my dates when I look at each separately.

Is there a reason for this?

Thanks
No idea what the reason is either. I've encountered it with LAX flights as well. Using the QF website for CBR-SJC, the flights it tossed up was QF11 out and QF108 back. I had to mess around with multicity options to get what I wanted (QF93 out, QF12 back).
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
The QF website only recognises sectors flown by the A380, anything else will throw it out (ie Trans Tasman,coming from airports not serviced by the A380,etc)
Best advice apart from fiddling with the Booking engine, is a visit to a TA.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 2:50 pm

For the past couple of months I've been unable to book the A380 on both legs from LHR-SYD in Business.
I was trying to book the QF32-31 combo, but when I selected the first leg it greyed out almost all options on the return leg.

I rang the service line and was advised that this was a bug, and they would endeavor to fix it. I then booked it over the phone.
Seriously, I could only select one First fair on the return leg for some reason.

Economy tickets didn't seem to have the issue.

It still hasn't been fixed for Business/First though. Pretty poor form, whether it's a bug or not.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 7:48 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Blackadder1402
The QF website only recognises sectors flown by the A380, anything else will throw it out (ie Trans Tasman,coming from airports not serviced by the A380,etc)
Best advice apart from fiddling with the Booking engine, is a visit to a TA.
A few years back when I was trying to do MXP-LHR-BOS as an award the system kept popping up error. So I rang QF and they fixed the booking and waived the fee.
Old Apr 17, 2011, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Currently QF operate 388's MEL-SIN-LHR vv (QF9/QF10) and SYD-SIN-LHR vv (QF31/QF32). You would need to Fly T-T on 73H/763/333 on QF and across the English Channel on BA (if sticking to onewolrd).

What dates are you looking to book and how are you booking (Points, Revenue fare?)?
Looking at going later this year (Sept/Oct) and will pay for tickets. I guess I need to call QF in NZ to sort this out and book the fare?? Or can the QF people in Australia do it while I'm over here?
Old Apr 18, 2011, 3:03 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Honors Gold
Originally Posted by rlgshz
Looking at going later this year (Sept/Oct) and will pay for tickets. I guess I need to call QF in NZ to sort this out and book the fare?? Or can the QF people in Australia do it while I'm over here?
Probably for ease of booking deal with QF NZ, could deal with QF Aus but why not get it done locally where possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.