Wiki Posts
Search

Heathrow business ARRIVAL lounge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Smile Heathrow business ARRIVAL lounge

Are QF J customers arriving into Heathrow able to access a lounge to shower etc before proceeding into London?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 12:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes, they can use the AA Arrivals lounge
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:06 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
The AA Arrivals lounge has very nice showers but not much else, it isn't lavish like the BA Arrivals lounge and doesn't offer a cooked breakfast, however easy to get to in Terminal 3, exit to the right from customs and take the stairs to Level 2.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 1:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: United mileage plus, qantas frequent flyer silver
Heathrow business ARRIVAL lounge

How come we cannot use BA business lounge?
Old Mar 24, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Platinum Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by gezza48
How come we cannot use BA business lounge?
There is no BA arrival lounge in T3, it's at T5. If you have a connecting flight out of T3 then you could use the BA/Qantas departure lounge and get a shower in there.

I think I am correct in saying if your boarding pass has the BA flight number on it rather than the Qantas flight number you can use the arrival lounge at T5 - but you have to make your own way across there.

If you have an onward flight from T5 then you could use the showers in the departure lounges there.

Arrival lounges aren't covered by the OneWorld agreements.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:45 am

Programs: QF, BA, VA
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I might be misreading it but The AA website seems to say that you have to be on an AA operated flight, if flying business, to access the arrivals lounge at LHR.

I use Priority Pass at the Air Canada lounge, perfectly located if you are renting a car. (It is right next to the bus stop)

AA web Page

Last edited by TonyHancock; Mar 27, 2011 at 1:47 am Reason: Add link to AA web page
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Second attempt - my first effort seems to have disappeared into the interweb thingy!

I may be misreading the AA website, but it seems to state that you must be on an AA operated flight to gain access to the arrivals lounge at LHR.

I use my Priority Pass to access the Air Canada arrivals lounge, which is next to the Rental Car bus stop. (Very handy!)
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:29 am

Programs: QF WP (LTG), AA, SPG Gold, IC Plat Amb, Hyatt Plat, HH Gold.
From the QF website, looks like the AA Arrivals lounge is the designated one (for eligible F and J pax)
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rope/global/en
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by mattm199
From the QF website, looks like the AA Arrivals lounge is the designated one (for eligible F and J pax)
http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...rope/global/en
That is interesting. Does anyone have experience of this?

AA.com seems to disagree with this.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/travelInforma...ungeAccess.jsp
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:45 am

I thought, someone please correct me if I am wrong and there is a thread around here some place regarding the fact that you can access the T5 arrivals lounge off the Qantas flights even with a Qantas flight number, but it is not that common as how many people really want to trek from T3 to T5 just for a slightly better breakfast.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by babs
I thought, someone please correct me if I am wrong and there is a thread around here some place regarding the fact that you can access the T5 arrivals lounge off the Qantas flights even with a Qantas flight number, but it is not that common as how many people really want to trek from T3 to T5 just for a slightly better breakfast.
I believe that that has changed. It used to be that QF used the BA arrivals lounge facilities but thought that it was now tied with AA's lounge only
Old Mar 27, 2011, 3:51 pm

I'll try to access the AA lounge on my July trip to the UK and see what happens.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
From my trip last year I trekked to T5 (via the HEx train) (was meeting someone flying in from Europe) and accessed the Arrivals lounge.

They had a list of flights on a clue card and from what I could tell it was only the QF/BA JSA flights. Interestingly the computer wouldn't accept QF31 or BA7371 so they just let me in.

Think it took the better part of 20min to get across and frankly the hot english breakfast is not that good, so on a normal arrival I would just use the AA lounge.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 1:52 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by number_6
The AA Arrivals lounge has very nice showers but not much else, it isn't lavish like the BA Arrivals lounge and doesn't offer a cooked breakfast, however easy to get to in Terminal 3, exit to the right from customs and take the stairs to Level 2.
When was the last time you were there? When I was there last August, there was a hot buffet breakfast.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 5:41 am

Programs: QF WP, VA, AA
Originally Posted by TonyHancock
I'll try to access the AA lounge on my July trip to the UK and see what happens.
I accessed the AA arrivals lounge at LHR T3 last June, arriving in F on QF from SIN. And while I can't compare it to others (its the only arrivals lounge I've ever used), I found it quite OK.

Good shower, hot breakfast items (scrambled egss, bacon etc. in bains-marie) and a few internet terminals. Not big, but didn't need to be.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.