Search

Bizarre seat maps on QF/LA codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF-Gold
Bizarre seat maps on QF/LA codeshare

Hi all

I'm on QF17 SYD-EZE on Feb 23, but my ticket is on the Lan codeshare LA4517. Checking my options for seat selection on the LA website, I am able to select from only four rows in Y (53,54,63,64). No problems so far - I assume that LA is allocated a small proportion of the aircraft to allocate to their ticket-holders. This seat map, with my options, is replicated on Expert Flyer. I selected seat 63D, as bulk head is my preference if I can't get an exit row.

However, when I look up QF17 on Expert Flyer, it shows the full seat map, including the rows I could view on Lan, and it shows the seat that I have selected (63D) as available! Has anyone experienced this before? Under Lan, EF is showing the aircraft to be a 747, while under Qantas, EF shows the aircraft to be a 747-400. Not sure that this is causing any problem though.

I'm just hoping that no one takes my seat Also, does anyone have experience with this bulkhead? Seatguru says that there is no cut out in the bulk head, unlike the other bulk heads, but does anyone know how restrictive this is?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 15, 2011, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Interesting; generally you assume correctly; I have een Seat maps allocation for the QF and LA flights on the same aircraft (metal) on the one day when each were missing the others offerings.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by serfty
Interesting; generally you assume correctly; I have een Seat maps allocation for the QF and LA flights on the same aircraft (imetal) on the one day when each were missing the others offerings.
I'm almost certain I already checked this out a couple of weeks ago, and the QF seat map was not showing the seats visible on the LA seat map at that stage. All I am thinking is that perhaps an aircraft change might be involved, somehow
Old Feb 15, 2011, 2:03 pm
Original Poster

UPDATE

Mystery solved. I received an email from LA this morning, informing me that my flight details have changed. I am no longer on LA4517, but am now on QF17. No date or time changes. I assume that the codeshare arrangement must have been cancelled, at least for that day? It did strike me as strange that the LA seat map only had 40 seats available for selection. If this is indeed their "share" of the aircraft, it makes me wonder why they would bother with a codeshare in the first place.

Thanks for the reply, serfty

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.