Wiki Posts
Search

Have I Been Upgraded??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2011, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Have I Been Upgraded??

Hi,

Firstly what a great site and full of excellent info for a Frequent Traveller...

My wife and I are booked in for 2 Flights on Qantas soon, SYD-CKG on Business Class and then returning SING-SYD in Premium Economy.

When we booked I chose our seats and was just checking, however our return seats have been changed to 24A/B in a 747-400 (QF006)

From every 747 I have been on from Singapore seats 24 are always in Business Class... and all the maps online give the same impression.

I have been Platinum FF for the last 3 years and just dropped to Gold due to job change.

Could we have been silently upgraded, or is there a new Prem Economy layout around?

Regards,

Parra81
Old Feb 7, 2011, 2:03 am

Programs: QF SG,Velocity WP, HI Diamond, Accor Platinum
Yes, since QF6 is only sold as a 3-class (Business, Premium Economy and Economy) and it looks like in your case that a 4-class plane has been subbed in allowing for the change in seating. Remember that its only the hard product - eg: seat that is Business, the rest is still Premium Economy - food/booze. The easiest way in the future to check if you have been changed is that Business is 2-3-2 in the seating as Premium Economy is 2-4-2.

Safe travels

Originally Posted by parra81
Hi,

Firstly what a great site and full of excellent info for a Frequent Traveller...

My wife and I are booked in for 2 Flights on Qantas soon, SYD-CKG on Business Class and then returning SING-SYD in Premium Economy.

When we booked I chose our seats and was just checking, however our return seats have been changed to 24A/B in a 747-400 (QF006)

From every 747 I have been on from Singapore seats 24 are always in Business Class... and all the maps online give the same impression.

I have been Platinum FF for the last 3 years and just dropped to Gold due to job change.

Could we have been silently upgraded, or is there a new Prem Economy layout around?

Regards,

Parra81

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.