Search

Miles from Credit Card in SIN ?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:15 pm
formerly Fly-Swiss
Original Poster

Programs: SQ
Miles from Credit Card in SIN ?

Does anyone know of any good way to accrue QF miles through credit card in Singapore ? i identify the Amex to Membership rewards to Priority club to QF way, but it's a very low conversion rate....
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:17 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
None that I am aware of that specifically earn points that can be credited to QFF.

You can of course earn Asia Miles on some cards and redeem on QF, or redeem points for rebates for flights (including obviously QF flights) with some cards, but none that QFF are directly involved in.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Qantas has done everything in their power to reduce the number of credit cards that earn QF points, as well as the number of other loyalty programs (hotels/etc) that can transfer points to QFF.

The only cards they allow now days are those that transfer points directly to QFF on a monthly basis, rather than allowing you to store your points elsewhere and then only transfer them to QFF when you want to use them.

As it's unlikely there'd be too much demand in countries other than Australia for a card which transfers directly to QFF, I wouldn't be surprised if no such thing exists.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 4:24 am

Programs: |QF Platinum|DL Platinum|HH Gold|ALL Silver|
I don't think you can, and you'll probably get more value out of transferring them to CX and redeeming there for OW flights.

I wish you could earn AA miles 1:1 in SIN, at least the Amex - SPG transfer ratio isn't as bad as via Priority Club, and AAdvantage > QFF.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9650/5.0.0.975 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

I kept an Australian credit card which allowed QF conversion while based in SIN. The exchange rate is pretty attractive for this, too.
Old Jan 21, 2011, 5:17 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by ajnz
I kept an Australian credit card which allowed QF conversion while based in SIN. The exchange rate is pretty attractive for this, too.
What credit card would that be (that has the attractive ER)? Most I know seem to have a 2.5-3.0% fee for foreign transactions (compared to rate posted on somewhere like xe.com or ozforex). So QF pts do come at a price. Though there aren't other alternatives, so that is the best way of getting them.

Noting that if it's a $1/pt card that's ~0.8 QF pts per $SGD spent, vs some cards that get 1.2 SQ (or TG/DL for that matter) pts per $SGD spent (not including renewal and spend bonuses).
Old Jan 22, 2011, 12:58 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by lokijuh
What credit card would that be (that has the attractive ER)? Most I know seem to have a 2.5-3.0% fee for foreign transactions (compared to rate posted on somewhere like xe.com or ozforex). So QF pts do come at a price. Though there aren't other alternatives, so that is the best way of getting them.

Noting that if it's a $1/pt card that's ~0.8 QF pts per $SGD spent, vs some cards that get 1.2 SQ (or TG/DL for that matter) pts per $SGD spent (not including renewal and spend bonuses).
It was more a general comment regarding the AUD v SGD; but it was an Amex Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.