Wiki Posts
Search

Have I Scored a free upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2010, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Club - Silver
Have I Scored a free upgrade?

Im flying next sunday to BKK and just got of the phone to a agent to reserve seats and i have been given and reserved seats 24K & 24J. On all the seat maps that I have seen row 24 is part of business class.

Do this mean i have been upgraded or is it just a mistake or something?

Starting to get exited

Last edited by janewman94; Dec 7, 2010 at 9:01 am
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Maybe oversold in PE so seat upgrade only is the possibility.

If you get exited does that mean you do not fly after all!!!
Old Dec 5, 2010, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
Maybe oversold in PE so seat upgrade only is the possibility.

If you get exited does that mean you do not fly after all!!!
what do you mean by seat upgrade only?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Looking at the seat map, it does seem to be a 3 class ( business, premium economy, economy ) service operated by a 2 class aeroplane ( business, economy ). Rows 23 and 24 which are designated as premium economy would seem to be business class seats ( skybeds ) so you would seem to be in luck in having business seating with premium economy service

It is a seat upgrade in that you get a business class seat but you will not get the business class service. For me the seat is the most important element so would be v happy if it was me

Dave
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Great News Thanks A lot

It will be my first time flying with qantas and its an airline i have always wanted to fly with

So it will be a very nice welcome to the airline

thanks for the help and the clarification
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well at least you have an assignment now, but don't set your hopes too high. The flight is very premium-heavy and should be interesting to see how QF handles this with a 2-class aircraft and PE packed to the rafters. It's strange as QF2 is operated by 4-class 744 all week, then your flight is 2-class, then goes back to 4-class the next day...
Old Dec 5, 2010, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Just looked on ExpertFlyer and its showing PE as the same as business. It shows PE as two rows only though so would they not just have business service for both PE and business aswell?
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: QF Plat (OWE), VA Plat, HH DMD, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by janewman94
It shows PE as two rows only though so would they not just have business service for both PE and business aswell?
I've now flown PE 3 times (SYD-LAX or vv) and found it to be very similar to Business from a service perspective (on Qantas, I think of PE more as "Business Light"). Indeed, the service I've had on those PE flights has actually been better than service I've had on some transpacific flights in Business.

It's the hard product that differs.

Enjoy the flight.

-Shaun
Old Dec 5, 2010, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by janewman94
Just looked on ExpertFlyer and its showing PE as the same as business. It shows PE as two rows only though so would they not just have business service for both PE and business aswell?
No. The business class section is separated into 3 cabins. They can easily serve the front2 business cabins as per normal and serve the 2 row cabin at the back completely separately

Dave

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.