Wiki Posts
Search

QF 74 SFO-SYD F Class eliminated?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by kpc
... Does anyone know weather I can store my carry on in the closet infront of me as I gather there is no overhead storage for row 1?
YMMV with this - board first/early is my advice and snaffle some of the minimal overhad space.

Last edited by serfty; Nov 3, 2010 at 6:54 am
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:20 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by kpc
...Does anyone know whether I can store my carry on in the closet infront of me as I gather there is no overhead storage for row 1?
As serfty said. Sometimes no problems, other times, even when first in the cabin, I have told a very gruff "NO, not in there - find somewhere else". In any case, the first bag in will be covered with other bags (if OK with the crew) or service equipment or otherwise, general junk. Not the place if you want access throughout the flight.

IIRC, there is a sliding drawer in the centre console (infront of 2 EF) where bags can be kept. Nobody usually uses it.

Bins above row 2 seem a bit smaller than those further back.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 2:47 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by serfty
YMMV with this - board early is my advice. ...
Originally Posted by og
As serfty said. Sometimes no problems, other times, even when first in the cabin, I have told a very gruff "NO, not in there - find somewhere else". In any case, the first bag in will be covered with other bags (if OK with the crew) or service equipment or otherwise, general junk. Not the place if you want access throughout the flight.

IIRC, there is a sliding drawer in the centre console (infront of 2 EF) where bags can be kept. Nobody usually uses it.

Bins above row 2 seem a bit smaller than those further back.
Is it bad form to use the row 2 overhead lockers if seated in 1A?
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:58 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by kpc
Is it bad form to use the row 2 overhead lockers if seated in 1A?
Only if someone is in 2 E or F and you stand on their feet while putting stuff in the lockers (which is highly likely)
Old Nov 3, 2010, 5:12 am
kpc

Programs: QF Plat, VA Gold, HH Diam, PC Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by og
Only if someone is in 2 E or F and you stand on their feet while putting stuff in the lockers (which is highly likely)
I know what you mean. We were in 2E,F earlier this year en route to Eze. On the way back, we were in 3E,F which was much better!
Old Nov 3, 2010, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
The row 2 OHSB's are not rectangular in opening. The gap varies in size being smaller toward the front.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by drewbles
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. You booked for Y and you're getting half of Y+, IMHO, the best part of Y+.

I'm more than happy with that (and will fly via SFO to the USA whenever I go to get these seats). I'd be expecting a normal Y seat, and the rest is a bonus. They're doing you a favour, not duping you.
dont get me wrong lol, of course i am more than happy to get the seat. Since it probably the most important part than food or drinks. i'd care less about the airplane food. but just a thought.

Def agree, on booking SFO-OZ/NZ moving forward.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 6:11 am

with this A380 fiasco, my SFO-SYD equipment seems to have changed no longer a PE seat 39B as i was originally assigned. Changed to 48G. I guess change of aircraft.

Hoping to snag an Exit row seat upon check-in. What luck if any, any one has had to get those seats upon check-in rather than paying for them. I am a AA PLT/O W Sapphire.

EDIT: This is for flying this Wed, Nov 10th on QF 74. Appreciate any help with how can i increase my chances of getting the Exit Row seats, or maybe even PE. Hoping that some of the stranded pax lax get routed through SFO and maybe elite FF's get op-ups
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
RE: Wed.. Very strange I just booked this flight in PE. (Was trying to get todays flight but it sold out) The PE rows are 34-37.. Seems to me that all of F and J seats go to J class I guess. This is a shame! ANZ PE was half the price too
Old Nov 7, 2010, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by ryan754
RE: Wed.. Very strange I just booked this flight in PE. (Was trying to get todays flight but it sold out) The PE rows are 34-37.. Seems to me that all of F and J seats go to J class I guess. This is a shame! ANZ PE was half the price too
yeah i believe there was a change in aircraft sometime between last night and today. I was given a PE seat although booked in Y. But with the aircraft change got put back in Y .

Be nice to meet up at the airport/lounge since we are on the same flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.