Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

Success with advance seat selection (International)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2010, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG

Fly SYD - JNB on Thursday and have managed to change seats to 1A and 1K at T-72. I'm sure E/F seats would be better for a couple, but I can't see myself in F again anytime soon, so wanted to sit in 1A at least once in my life.

Interestingly I have not been able to do better than row 3 (737) on the MEL - SYD flight the day before.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 7:57 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by Jase76
Fly SYD - JNB on Thursday and have managed to change seats to 1A and 1K at T-72. I'm sure E/F seats would be better for a couple, but I can't see myself in F again anytime soon, so wanted to sit in 1A at least once in my life.

Interestingly I have not been able to do better than row 3 (737) on the MEL - SYD flight the day before.
I know how you feel. However life has always conspired against me sitting in 1A on a 747.
I know QF will put J in the 747 but it is not the same.
Old Jul 25, 2010, 8:33 pm
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Just make sure you are early to board as there is no overhead locker space. If the FAs see you putting bags in the wardrobe between 1A and 1K, there is a better than even chance you'll be told off - and have to move the bag elsewhere . Its almost impossible to put bags in the front lockers over row 2 without walking all over anyone in 2E 2F.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 2:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan

You're lucky they both were available -- QF 16 is being operated by a 4-class a/c for my flight soon, and Mrs. CO FF didn't understand my suggestion that she stay in 2F while I'm in 1K...so it's 2E-2F for us.
Old Jul 26, 2010, 3:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL & CCR / QF LTG
Originally Posted by CO FF
You're lucky they both were available -- QF 16 is being operated by a 4-class a/c for my flight soon, and Mrs. CO FF didn't understand my suggestion that she stay in 2F while I'm in 1K...so it's 2E-2F for us.
Not sure if it is an empty flight or not, but I pretty much had free choice of any seat in the cabin except the two seats that do not show up for the SA codeshare. The only other seat I could not pick was 2A. The seat selection Gods must be shining on me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.