Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qantas | Frequent Flyer
Reload this Page >

AOne4 queries (mainly lounge related)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AOne4 queries (mainly lounge related)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 8:47 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by CO FF
|Some suggestions:

Before leaving TBIT, go upstairs (to the ticketing level). THEN go outside, turn right, and walk the 2 minutes to T4. You'll be in the air, rather than on the roadway, and can do some planespotting. Plus, it shortens the walk a bit.
And you will also be well placed for the elite security line.

Note that the showers at LAX are only in the Club, not the Flagship Lounge.
Have they taken them out from the FL? Every time I've used LAX FL I've taken a shower insider the FL. Computer terminals, however, are in the Admirals Club only.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Kiwi Flyer
... Note that the showers at LAX are only in the Club, not the Flagship Lounge. ...
Have they taken them out from the FL? Every time I've used LAX FL I've taken a shower insider the FL. Computer terminals, however, are in the Admirals Club only.
I had a shower in the T4 F/L on June 13th.

Also, there have been two Computers in the F/L since at least November. These are located on the other side of the wall bearing the arrival/departure monitors near the entrance.

Last edited by serfty; Jun 30, 2010 at 9:59 pm
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Apologies for the bad info re showers -- I must have been confusing it with another AC.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Apologies for the bad info re showers -- I must have been confusing it with another AC.
Maybe the ORD F/L?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:50 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Originally Posted by serfty
Also, there have been two Computers in the F/L since at least November. These are located on the other side of the wall bearing the arrival/departure monitors near the entrance.
Thanks. It has been a while since I've been in the LAX FL.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jul 1, 2010 at 11:27 am
Old Jul 1, 2010, 3:05 am
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
....If you don't mind waiting until DFW for your shower, the AC at DFW-Terminal A (and, I think, also Terminal D) has magnificent showers! They're about 2m square (not 2 sq.m), with a huge (18 inch) rainforest shower head plus a hand-held jet plus 6 body jets - 3 on each of 2 sides. (After discovering this at DFW last summer, my wife and I agreed that it's a shame to use that shower alone! )
Only the former F lounge in Terminal A has these nice showers (also they are rarely used as they are hidden plus most pax at DFW are on short journeys and not interested in showers). The D showers are the normal AC (nice but not lavish). There used to be a gym at A, again legacy of the ex-F lounge and a rarity in US airports, but it has been slowly dismantled and think it is all gone now.

The LAX F lounges in T4 and also TBIT definitely do have showers (though much the same as the J lounge). Sad when one goes shower-hopping through the airport between flights Or is that happy?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Originally Posted by serfty
Maybe the ORD F/L?

Originally Posted by number_6
Only the former F lounge in Terminal A has these nice showers (also they are rarely used as they are hidden plus most pax at DFW are on short journeys and not interested in showers). The D showers are the normal AC (nice but not lavish). There used to be a gym at A, again legacy of the ex-F lounge and a rarity in US airports, but it has been slowly dismantled and think it is all gone now.
My last time thru DFW was early May - and there was still some workout equipment in the AC in Terminal A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.