Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dress code in j class qantas ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 5:53 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by QF Lad
But at the risk of sounding like a snooty business person, when you are travelling right up front, all the happy holiday makers are behind you and you can be less aware of them. Sometimes when travelling for work you do not feel like the "excited summer camp" atmosphere of some of your fellow passengers...
Was just thinking it's not that bad, I've had 5 Jetstar flights this year and there wasn't any sort of summer camp atomosphere ... then I realised they were all Jetstar Asia flights, completely different kettle of fish so to speak. Last JQ flight (some time ago) was MEL-OOL and I know exactly what you're saying!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 9:57 am

I was flying QF in J from LAX-MEL and when I got onboard I handed the FA my coat and blazer bag which said BOSS on it and the coat was from Ralph Lauren. I got them both heavily discounted as I could not bring my self to spend US$1000.00 on a coat.

To which the flight attendant noticed the labels on both and started making comments, they weren't meant to be negative or done with any ill intent, they were however not appreciated.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:11 pm

Programs: QF WP, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club, Amex Platinum
Qantas don't care as long as you pay the fare.

The most casually dressed "flight" i've ever done was on the Concorde. It was like a tracksuit-fest.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 6:00 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
It appears that anything goes, as long as it isn't quite just a jockstrap or a thong if you are a woman.

I've seen people in various states of semi-dress (not quite undress) in QF J.

Flying isn't a fashion show. Wear what you feel most comfortable, even if it happens to be a top hat and tails.

P.S. Regarding the "neat casual" comments, I would not classify tracksuit pants as 'neat casual' - that's a sport/sleepwear. But it doesn't mean you can't wear it on board...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by cova
The normal attire on QF 11 in J is pajamas - those provided by QF in F and J.

Most keep their underwear on under the PJ's. So if you show up in underwear you are likely OK.
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I must ask: how do you know which pax (or if it's most or not) wear underwear under their PJs?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:16 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by anabolism
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I must ask: how do you know which pax (or if it's most or not) wear underwear under their PJs?
They are so ill fitting I certainly hope they are wearing underwear.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:19 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
That is a dreadful thought. I always pack a jumper for long haul, planes are always cold. If I don't feel like getting it out of my cabin bag, the PJ top is great over a T-shirt to keep warm.

I much prefer the BA F PJs though. Grey is such an unbecoming colour, and the material is much nicer.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:25 pm

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by m0hamed
That is a dreadful thought. I always pack a jumper for long haul, planes are always cold. If I don't feel like getting it out of my cabin bag, the PJ top is great over a T-shirt to keep warm.

I much prefer the BA F PJs though. Grey is such an unbecoming colour, and the material is much nicer.
But still ill fitting unless you are the original model. They expect you to be 8ft tall for the pair I have from BA
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:02 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)

I find I'm always hot on planes, but that's just me. I completely agree that grey is not an attractive color, even on PJs.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:41 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
PJ pants and a light T shirt suits me. The tops are a WOFTAM and the slippers are too small. BTW, one size smaller than what you normally wear seems best IMHO
Old Nov 15, 2010, 5:54 am

Programs: BA Gold(OWE), QF LTG, MR Plat, IHG Spire, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Leumas
One is also not allowed to wear Ugg boots.
+ 1

Loath them. Seeing more and more girls walking in the street (and on flights) with them on just makes me laugh. I think most people are blissfully unaware that they are effectively slippers.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Traveloguy
+ 1

Loath them. Seeing more and more girls walking in the street (and on flights) with them on just makes me laugh. I think most people are blissfully unaware that they are effectively slippers.
I'm sure Jimmy Choo has an Ugg Boot Boutique in Frankston. At least the prevalence of them around the area would indicate this
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:10 am

Programs: BAEC & others
Originally Posted by anabolism
I find I'm always hot on planes, but that's just me. I completely agree that grey is not an attractive color, even on PJs.
It's not just the colour that's unattractive, it's impractical too. 'Splash' marks show all too easily - you know when the water hits the wash basin too hard and you get wet. Some blokes may be bothered by other drips!
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:19 pm

Programs: QFF WP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by eoinnz
Crocs are not allowed under CASA law for being downright awful!

Otherwise you can wear whatever you like :-)
Funniest thing I have read all day.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 3:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat in Sept. 2013, husband is AA EXP, HHonors Diamond
I have the QF J grey ones and BA F black ones, both of which I wear to sleep in at home. While the BA F ones are fancier with the piping and all, I find the QF J grey ones more comfy. They are actually the comfiest thing I own. But I never wear either of these on flights, I just stay in what I boarded with which is jeans and a t-shirt. Often on a flight I don't even take off my shoes, even to sleep.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.