Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Allowance Confusion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2010, 4:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by mleung89
Instead of driving down to Canberra from Sydney, I suggest you to consider taking the train as another possible option.

For one-way CountryLink economy ticket:
It is $29 until the end of March.
It is $36 from 1 April to 31 May 2010 (inclusive).
You can also get a First Class seat for $55.68.

Have a look at their website for more details:
http://www.countrylink.info/
I wouldn't be doing that. Would need to get a train into the city and then take one of the infrequent trains to canberra that takes nearly 4.5 hours. Min of 5 hours for the trip

Without driving, bother Murrays and Greyhound offer coach services from Sydney Airport into Civic which run non-stop from the airport to Canberra

Dave
Old Mar 25, 2010, 12:11 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Without driving, bother Murrays and Greyhound offer coach services from Sydney Airport into Civic which run non-stop from the airport to Canberra
The bus puts you into the middle of Canberra. There is a Qantas Travel outlet next door and a Novotel hotel above. Civic bus interchange is across the road.
If you fly into CBR, you either need to hire a car, get an overpriced taxi into the city or wait for the [infrequent] bus to Civic bus interchange.
If you get the train, you get stuck in Kingston waiting for a bus or taxi to take you to Civic.

If you are going to fly in to Canberra, with the amount of baggage you want, try to have someone ready to pick you up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.