Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F SYD to LHR for A$5745 return!!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:47 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by vbroucek
You beat me - I did the same and yes, it is still there as first. What concerns me is teh fact that there is no way of checking bucket from which it is being sold. I would never ever buy such ticket.

Also, considering that you cannot buy even C class on QF for that price, I would be immediatelly VERY suspicious...
Perhaps, it's slightly confusing, but it's all got to do with would a reasonable person be able to understand what they are purchasing. If they are not really purchasing a first class fare then this is deceptive and misleading conduct 101.

Bestflights either need to honour it and take a loss, OR they refund you and you report to ACCC.

Last edited by d00t; Nov 4, 2009 at 1:51 am Reason: just incase this comes back...
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:49 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I really love their "Fare Conditions" - http://www.bestflights.com.au/inform...airlineCode=QF
In particularl I am amazed how they stress out that they are under WA jurisdiction...
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:51 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
I will follow this for sure - this might be entertaining...

Last edited by vbroucek; Nov 4, 2009 at 2:00 am
Old Nov 4, 2009, 1:59 am

I recently booked a PER - JFK - PER in business for $7250 with flightcentre matching a bestflights fare loaded incorrectly. I thought that was a very good deal and very good of flight centre matching this.

Cheers
Old Nov 4, 2009, 2:02 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by thaigold
I had a booking with BestFlight HKG-CAN and had exactly the same e-ticket as this booking. It does staten on this booking that:

Your Booking Reference is:
xxxxxx (I have withheld this)
This is your e-ticket. Please print and carry with you at all times when travelling.

Still waiting to hear back from BF.... Never had a problem with them before....
Thaigold
booking reference is not the same as a ticket number. you need a number that starts with 081 (QF ticket stock). i think you will have no problem getting ticket numbers... but they will be for PE, not F.

If you intend to fly on this as an F fare, make sure you have ticket numbers in hand (and, even better, charges shown on your credit card statement) before contacting the TA. Otherwise, they can just cancel the ticket and are not liable for anything because no ticket was ever issued.

Last edited by Mr. Bean; Nov 4, 2009 at 2:08 am
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:30 am

Programs: Plastic Fantastic! - QF, DJ, AF, NZ, DL etc..
Uh oh.......
QF ditched R class F and ReLaunched it as Y+.
This effort by BestFlights sounds like something you'd expect from STA Travel.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Plug your xxxxxx booking reference into www.checkmytrip.com; if ticketed the ticket number would be revealed:
e-ticket numbers
You might like to try the LAN utility as well, if it works it should show fare basis and tax breakdown:

http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/recibo_et...bo_eticket.cgi

Last edited by serfty; Nov 4, 2009 at 3:58 am
Old Nov 4, 2009, 3:53 am
og
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: QF WP/LTG | UA P
Originally Posted by serfty
You might like to try the LAX utility as well, if it works it should show fare basis and tax breakdown:

http://www.lan.com/cgi-bin/recibo_et...bo_eticket.cgi
Good point. I forgot to mention above that the AUD tax breakdown from lan.com from my absolutely last bestflights ticket did not match what I paid. The mismatch was around AUD$150. They never explained this difference inspite of repeated questions. I can only suggest they fiddled and padded the taxes / fines / extras as their "ë-ticket" receipt did not give the breakdown.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:07 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by d00t
Bestflights either need to honour it and take a loss, OR they refund you and you report to ACCC.
The ACCC will not act on the OPs behalf. You will need to go through a state body or a court for this.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:24 am

Programs: QFF (Gold), Skywards, Rapid Rewards,United, Velocity, Hilton Silver
I am not taking the case unless I get a very substantial retainer.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF*WP QF*LTG
Originally Posted by Lonely Flyer
I am not taking the case unless I get a very substantial retainer.
You can get one of the tickets

Thanks all for all your replies - I will keep you posted/updated when I hear back from BestFlights.

Thaigold
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: QF Plat+ LTG/ OW Emerald, VA Plat, NZ Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Whatsit. Taxation is theft.
If it's too good to be true....
Old Nov 4, 2009, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Platinum, BMI Silver
Lastminute.com over here in the UK is showing a similar price for QF LHR>MEL>LHR in F = £2003.70 I called Lastminute.com and they confirmed this price, but I have a feeling that the bloke in the call centre didn't really understand, even when I asked him if this was an error in their system.

I guess the question is - do I go ahead and book and then have a fight with lastminute.com?

Looking at their Ts & Cs:

Where we act as agent this will mean that we have no contractual liability to you in respect of that product. However, we may still be liable to you if we have been negligent, we have misrepresented important information or have been in breach of any other relevant law

Clearly they will have misrepresented important information by getting the fare class wrong but I wonder if I am likely to get my money back or to get the trip in F?
Old Nov 4, 2009, 5:28 am
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by shillard
If it's too good to be true....
Not necessarily. This is FT after all and there have always been error fares which were then honoured by the hotel/airline/rental car company. There are entire trip reports of people flying for $1 half way around the world.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 7:01 am
pfd

Originally Posted by DownUnderFlyer
Not necessarily. This is FT after all and there have always been error fares which were then honoured by the hotel/airline/rental car company. There are entire trip reports of people flying for $1 half way around the world.
...and Concorde!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.