Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[NOT BOOKABLE]TP: BOS-RAI Business Class $589 r/t

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NOT BOOKABLE]TP: BOS-RAI Business Class $589 r/t

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
I think fare is dead. Tried through both the US & CAN sites of Mytrip: post entering all details and hitting 'Pay' / 'Submit', it says price has increased to ~ USD1.4k. Did anyone successfully manage to ticket at the 'error fare' level?
Old May 14, 2024, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I think fare is dead. Tried through both the US & CAN sites of Mytrip: post entering all details and hitting 'Pay' / 'Submit', it says price has increased to ~ USD1.4k. Did anyone successfully manage to ticket at the 'error fare' level?
No, it would correct on the payment page.
Old May 14, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
TAP will never honor mistake fares. They are not even able to process any customer service claim properly.
ankomonkey likes this.
Old May 14, 2024, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by olivedel
TAP will never honor mistake fares. They are not even able to process any customer service claim properly.
False! They honored this one and even let people change their flight routing - TP - TLV-LIS - $338 r/t - Business
Old May 14, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by cruser1
False! They honored this one and even let people change their flight routing - TP - TLV-LIS - $338 r/t - Business
Great, whoever wants to take the risk, feel free too...
However, the price difference here is massive compared to the thread you quoted. $500-$600 for a Business class transatlantic return trip is obviously a mistake, while $330 for TLV-LIS is an amazing deal but to me not an obvious mistake.
Old May 14, 2024, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by olivedel
In the past they have certainly allowed some, errr, unusual fares to remain valid and unchallenged.

This one, though, looks like nothing to do with TP, simply a glitch in the system of an OTA leading it to promote a fare it couldn't ticket. This dud fare got picked up by SF who had got wind of an excellent BOS RAI extant deal posted on FT ..... and the SF version got passed back to us.
Perisai and chacor like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 1:25 pm
pH

Programs: AA EXP
YMMV of course, but in 2021 TAP cancelled a "mistake" fare I booked MIA-LIS in J for ~$500 around two weeks after ticketing.
Old May 17, 2024, 6:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / TK e+
they've honoured my one way SIN-BCN-LIS-LHR J for 700 euros
Global321 likes this.
Old May 17, 2024, 9:05 pm

Funny when someone calls out an "error" fare and then says book it.... and then surprised when it is not honored.

There is definitely an antidotal correlation between what a fare is called and whether it is honored.
Nothing is absolute, but there is something there.

I have flown on several "deep discount" business class and first class flights that were honored.
Old May 17, 2024, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
I wish people would stop trying to be moderators. If you have an issue with double posting, or whathaveyou, let a moderator know about it, let them be the judge.

Most of you haven’t been on FT long enough to tell others how to live their lives.

It’s also a weird flex that endears you to no one.
Alec84 likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 8:25 am

Programs: FT Member #8119 F & J Free Agent
Originally Posted by Global321
Funny when someone calls out an "error" fare and then says book it.... and then surprised when it is not honored.

There is definitely an antidotal correlation between what a fare is called and whether it is honored.
Nothing is absolute, but there is something there.

I have flown on several "deep discount" business class and first class flights that were honored.
Airline fares are a mystery so I've never seen a fare error, but have flown many good deals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.