Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LH/LX/SQ - DUB-SIN - 3512 EUR / $3795 r/t - Suites (First)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/LX/SQ - DUB-SIN - 3512 EUR / $3795 r/t - Suites (First)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2024, 3:57 pm
formerly JackDann

Been looking at this for a while, unfortunately alot of dates limited to one seat. Heading to Singapore in January and again at the end of March so this could have been perfect, but just looks like not quite there yet.

Hopefully this sticks around for a few weeks and I can get my end of March flights.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I couldn't get exactly the dates I wanted as I needed 2 people and someone snagged one of the seats last night before I could get confirmation from my companion, but with SQ just loading space for Mar 16 I was able to get something workable. Very excited to be able to fly the combined rows 1 and 2 suites.

BTW does anyone have suggestions on where to credit this? Assuming that LH flight number means AS is out of the question?
cruser1 likes this.

Last edited by nexusCFX; Mar 25, 2024 at 6:39 pm
Old Mar 25, 2024, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
BTW does anyone have suggestions on where to credit this? Assuming that LH flight number means AS is out of the question?
Will have to credit to *A
nexusCFX and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA PlatExec, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
I couldn't get exactly the dates I wanted as I needed 2 people and someone snagged one of the seats last night before I could get confirmation from my companion, but with SQ just loading space for Mar 16 I was able to get something workable. Very excited to be able to fly the combined rows 1 and 2 suites.

How were you able to confirm seats for the SQ legs? LH website can't do it.

We flew SQ a couple of years ago in the joinable suite - freaking amazing; not just the suites, but the service/food/booze is amazing.
MrTravel likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pwhite8314
How were you able to confirm seats for the SQ legs? LH website can't do it.

We flew SQ a couple of years ago in the joinable suite - freaking amazing; not just the suites, but the service/food/booze is amazing.
Just used the PNR on SQ site.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 2:51 am

Has anyone been able to quote this with outbound operated by LH/LX and inbound operated by SQ (on LH/LX flight no. of course)? Doesn't matter if on SQ A380.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:35 am
DTS

Programs: AS 75k, A3 Gold, AC 25k, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Swiss Kiwiking
Has anyone been able to quote this with outbound operated by LH/LX and inbound operated by SQ (on LH/LX flight no. of course)? Doesn't matter if on SQ A380.
You can, random dates. For example Nov. 27th outbound, and return on Dec. 25th allow both long haul legs on SQ.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:58 am

Programs: BA
Thanks OP. Was hesitant to pull the trigger, but life is just too darn short. Buy once. Cry once. Booked outbound on 1/1/25 through 1/9/25.Thinking 2 days in SIN then a few days in BKK to see some clients. Wish this could have routed via an LX 777 as I loved their First Class cabin and LH's F is a tad bit dated. Alas these are all First World/Class problems (read: the good kind). If anyone finds any 8-12 day trips which book into LX F please post. Otherwise I'll be "stuck" in LH F and Singapore Airlines Suites. Woe is me...

EDIT: Am I reading the fare rules correctly that a child ticket is 100% of the fare?

EDIT #2: Since flying SQ on the return, this means no FCT access correct?
PLeblond and cruser1 like this.

Last edited by PookieMalibu25; Mar 28, 2024 at 3:06 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:30 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25
Thanks OP. Was hesitant to pull the trigger, but life is just too darn short. Buy once. Cry once. Booked outbound on 1/1/25 through 1/9/25.Thinking 2 days in SIN then a few days in BKK to see some clients. Wish this could have routed via an LX 777 as I loved their First Class cabin and LH's F is a tad bit dated. Alas these are all First World/Class problems (read: the good kind). If anyone finds any 8-12 day trips which book into LX F please post. Otherwise I'll be "stuck" in LH F and Singapore Airlines Suites. Woe is me...

EDIT: Am I reading the fare rules correctly that a child ticket is 100% of the fare?

I like the philosophy. A lot of my best trips were triggered by a "F-it" moment clicking the reserve button (usually after a few glasses of wine). Bravo.

As for LX, its a long was away and the risk of schedule changes is good so perhaps you can get a change that opens the door to LX (I hope you didn't buy from an OTA though)

Cheers
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PookieMalibu25

Thanks! Sounds like a valid reason to book a ticket! There is space in A departing ZRH on many dates, but nothing if you connect from elsewhere in Europe.

Oddly, yes, an accompanied child is 100% of the fare. Unfortunately you won't receive access to the First Class Terminal if you're flying SQ Suites. You'll use the Senator's Lounge instead.

This deal was posted to a blog on BoardingArea two days ago so it might become a little harder to find, but the tickets are also expensive enough that that may be untrue.

EDIT
You can return through ZRH on multiple dates, but you can't get an outbound flight with a connection at ZRH. This trip starts/ends in CPH, but you could start/end at DUB or anywhere else in Europe.

Spoiler

EDIT #2
Actually, there are quite a few dates starting in January where you can get an 8-12 day trip flying LX both ways.

Spoiler

Spoiler

IMH and PookieMalibu25 like this.

Last edited by cruser1; Mar 28, 2024 at 8:27 am
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:16 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by cruser1
Thanks! Sounds like a valid reason to book a ticket! There is space in A departing ZRH on many dates, but nothing if you connect from elsewhere in Europe.

Oddly, yes, an accompanied child is 100% of the fare. Unfortunately you won't receive access to the First Class Terminal if you're flying SQ Suites. You'll use the Senator's Lounge instead.

This deal was posted to a blog on BoardingArea two days ago so it might become a little harder to find, but the tickets are also expensive enough that that may be untrue.
I would assume most airlines are not encouraging children in the First Class Cabin.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLeblond
I would assume most airlines are not encouraging children in the First Class Cabin.
Probably true!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:54 am

Programs: Former UA1K transitioning to WFBF mentality
Probably true!
I plan to book LH F lap infant this summer. Will be US$250 ish via UA.

Obligatory "some adults are worse behaved in F than many children"
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by marks88
I plan to book LH F lap infant this summer. Will be US$250 ish via UA.

Obligatory "some adults are worse behaved in F than many children"
Oh, I totally agree with that statement. The way some people behave in business and first is appalling!

This fare we are discussing charges 10% for a lap infant so it would be slightly more than that, but not much more.
marks88 and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: BA

EDIT
You can return through ZRH on multiple dates, but you can't get an outbound flight with a connection at ZRH. This trip starts/ends in CPH, but you could start/end at DUB or anywhere else in Europe.

Spoiler

I can't seem to get it to price on LX via GF. ITA matrix is running slow as molasses today. I guess I'll have to slum it in LH F unless I can get it to reprice. Also, I think I'd have to cancel the LH booking because departing CPH can't seem to be done online. Might try calling if I get some time, but I've never done the FCT, LH 747-8 in F or SQ A380 Suites. Variety is the spice of life. A man cannot live off LX First alone...I guess. :-)

Originally Posted by PLeblond
If I pay for it. They going. Granted my children are very well behaved and adapt well to new environments. Though I would hesitate only because its 12H there and 13H back. They've never done that. Add in jet lag and one being (almost) 4 y/o and the other 2 y/o at the time of travel, I'm less concerned about my neighbors than I am my children. If I had the coins, I'd buy out La Premiere and just put the whole family up front. Honestly though, $13K to fly the entire family in F to SE Asia isn't "bad". That would pretty much exhaust my travel budge for a year but that would be OK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.