Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

JQ - MEL-SGN - 1815 AUD / $1200 USD r/t - Business

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2024, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Jetstar - Melbourne (MEL) to Ho Chi Minh City (SGN) - 1815 AUD or $1200 USD roundtrip in business. You can get the price even lower if you book through an OTA. At Travelocity I'm seeing prices as low as 1518 AUD / $1004 USD.

A Business Max fare is 2236+ AUD / $1480 USD roundtrip and will earn 250 QF Status Credits and 16900 QF Points.

Just a warning for those of you outside of Australia - Jetstar doesn't have true business class seats despite using a widebody for these flights - the seat is more like premium economy.

Unfortunately this deal does not appear on Google Flights. You'll have to use Kayak, Momondo, or some other aggregator to find dates that work, or start searching the Jetstar website or an OTA for dates that work for you to see the cost.

Kayak (not a referral link) - https://www.kayak.com/flights/MEL-SG...s?sort=price_a

Kayak
Spoiler

Jetstar
Spoiler

Travelocity
Spoiler

ianp, curlingfan and Stacycrow like this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:01 am

Programs: QF Gold
Old Jan 16, 2024, 7:22 am

They should be taken to Trading Standards calling it 'Business Class'.

Even Scoot which flies an identical product on its 787's was decent enough to rename 'SootBiz' to 'ScootPlus' to align it more with what it is.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 2:09 pm

Programs: QF WP
Nice find. I’ll have a play around with it later to see if I can get dates to work
ryanherb and cruser1 like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:49 am

Programs: AF Platinum, UA Platinum Million Miler Lifetime Gold, QR Platinum, HH Lifetime Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by 108912

Even Scoot which flies an identical product on its 787's was decent enough to rename 'SootBiz' to 'ScootPlus' to align it more with what it is.
Moderator, this should not even be allowed in this forum, Jetstar is a cheap and nasty LCC, get it out of here
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:12 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Moderator, this should not even be allowed in this forum, Jetstar is a cheap and nasty LCC, get it out of here
First thing in the Thread title is JQ. I would suggest you could simply not click on the link.

But I surmise your post is simply to express your opinion. I hope you are feeling better now that you did.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:27 am

Norse Atlantic has a better seat and labels it PE.
cruser1 likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RabbitohRob
Premium Economy deals are allowed on this forum.
108912 and ryanherb like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, TK Elite Plus, QR Gold, AF Gold
Originally Posted by davidbrent
Norse Atlantic has a better seat and labels it PE.
Maybe but their service is at the level of basic Y class. JQ offers a much more C-like service.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 9:42 am
Formerly known as tireman77

One may easily forgets that not long ago (into the 2020s if I recall), United 772s offered Domestic 'First' with similar looking recliners, no IFE and I'm not even sure it had footrests or in seat power. I flew that GUM-HNL-ORD.
cruser1 and curlingfan like this.
Old Jan 17, 2024, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA, AC, Delta Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks for the post Cruser1. Although this deal does not work for me, please continue with your excellent work on this forum!
im.daniel, PLeblond and cruser1 like this.
Old Jan 18, 2024, 2:34 am

Programs: QF Platinum/LTG
Originally Posted by 108912

It used to be called “Star Class”….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.