Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Premium Fare Deals
Reload this Page >

LOT ARN/OSL to Dubai from €659

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2023, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Few caveats on this:
  • Warsaw to Dubai is unfortunately on a 737MAX, so, only "European business class" with free seat in the middle. The Scandinavian feeders meanwhile are on Embraers.
  • You can seemingly only fly this with overnight stays in each direction at WAW. However, at least hotels are cheap there.
  • Only available from Dec '23-Mar '24.
  • There're a few other European airports that are slightly more expensive but flying from ARN likely makes most sense given the poor hard product on these flights makes it hard to justify anything more costly.
Ultimately this will probably only appeal to Star Alliance flyers or those who don't have to position. LOT in F class does seem to be a decent earner for M&M mileage (150%) & it's also a nice time of year to visit Dubai.
Slunko, s777bg and Maestro Ramen like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Great find, with the new M&M qualifying points from 2024, 4 returns and you are almost SEN ( *G ) & that is valid for rest of 24 to Feb 26

So SEN for around 2,800 EUR
s777bg and Londonlouis like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 8:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Originally Posted by chris63
Great find, with the new M&M qualifying points from 2024, 4 returns and you are almost SEN ( *G ) & that is valid for rest of 24 to Feb 26

So SEN for around 2,800 EUR
Sorry if this is getting OT but what did M&M change?

Back when I was still with them, 2 LH and 2SH returns in J in a year was not enough to even get Frequent Traveller.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: LH HON* || HH Diamond || Accor Gold
You may want to check M&M rules that will
apply from 01.01.2024.
Maestro Ramen and chris63 like this.
Old Nov 30, 2023, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Maestro Ramen
Sorry if this is getting OT but what did M&M change?

Back when I was still with them, 2 LH and 2SH returns in J in a year was not enough to even get Frequent Traveller.
Literally everything changes on 1st January & not for the better but this fare shows there are sweet spots.
f0zzyNUE likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 4:52 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Eurobonus Silver, ALL Gold
Thanks I found the thread in LH section and for me it's a huge upgrade. If those rules had been in place 5 years ago, it may have switched my loyalties around completely.

...the question for this fare is whether you are absolutely sure that WAW-DXB is considered an intercontinal segment, when they operate it in narrowbody?
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:22 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Thanks I found the thread in LH section and for me it's a huge upgrade. If those rules had been in place 5 years ago, it may have switched my loyalties around completely.

...the question for this fare is whether you are absolutely sure that WAW-DXB is considered an intercontinal segment, when they operate it in narrowbody?
the continents are clearly defined for status point accrual. dubai is in Asia whereas Morocco, Tunisia, Albania, Libya, Egypt are considered Europe. The plane type is irrelevant.

https://travel-dealz.de/app/uploads/...karte-2024.png

perfect intercontinental hopping could be with ethiopian from north africa to middle east (dubai, etc.) because it would be 4 intercontinental segments when travelling via ADD. or Copa flights from South America via Panama to other South American countries (e.g. from Equador to Colombia via Panama) - however none of these flight connections would be on LH group metal which is bad as you need at least half of your status points collected on LH group airlines
chris63 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, LO use M&M and they determine which is intercontinental in their program, of course Geographically it is also, aircraft type makes no difference
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: BA Gold

Yes, they have a calculator and checker here, and it confirms Poland-UAE as intercontinental
https://www.miles-and-more.com/row/e...hievement.html
Maestro Ramen likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 5:44 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Astana-Warsaw-Dubai roundtrip in biz is 1550€ - would be 800 points and 800 qualifying points for relatively few euros. two of these roundtrips plus a biz positioning flight from Europe to Astana would earn 2000 qualifying points and SEN.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.